mobil 1 european car formula - 0w40 vs 5w40?

Tons of threads locked lately and yet this thread hasn't been moved to the Euro thread. Great job moderators.

Tons of threads locked lately and yet this thread hasn't been moved to the Euro thread. Great job moderators.
As Mobil 1 FS is indeed a PCMO, I should think that it is as home here as it would be in the European section.

If you have such an issue with the moderation here, maybe you should take a break?

As Mobil 1 FS is indeed a PCMO, I should think that it is as home here as it would be in the European section.

If you have such an issue with the moderation here, maybe you should take a break?

The cries of the few are outweighed by the acceptance of the norm by the many.

They're more worried about somebody posting about COVID or politics than moderating actual oil threads.

They're more worried about somebody posting about COVID or politics than moderating actual oil threads.
big-brain-markiplier.gif

The proper avenue for your grievance is to notify a moderator, not uselessly complain here. No one in this thread (nor the other one in which you also complained) is able to make such a change.

Last edited:

Actually, it's because we are busy. Thousands of posts every day, and we, who are volunteers, can't read every single one.

Your sarcasm is both misplaced and unhelpful.

We do our best to maintain the standards to which you agreed when you applied for membership.

A standard that you've failed to uphold in this post.

Last edited:
i see no irony whatsoever in that, actually. if you're aware of an in-person discussion forum where people gather over a nice coffee (or beer if you'd rather) and discuss motor oils as we do here, i'd be happy to attend! however, this is the only such venue i'm aware of online or offline, and it's certainly the only one where people from all over the world can join the same conversation.

on the other hand, ordering something online means having no option to pay cash, waiting two days for my item when i could have had it in the time it takes to drive to the store, and that's not even including the massive logistical nightmare, wasted resources, increased truck traffic, etc. that underlies that oh-so-fast shipping. it's not unreasonable to want to buy a needed supply in person, the same day, without delay or fuss, and, as you put it, "move on". from my perspective, waiting for shipping is actually less convenient. when you have a project 95% completed and find out at the last minute that you were short a quart of oil or transmission fluid to finish it, the value of heading down to the local physical store and buying it cannot be overstated.
Lol

Oh no 5G is coming guys! Run!

now, to my question... when i went to walmart today, i expected to purchase a jug of my favourite 0w40, quite reasonably priced at
update on the oil availability... last time i went by, they had both the 5w40 and the 0w40 on the shelf. several jugs of 0w40 too, i'm happy to say! i prefer the 0w40 so that's what i got. interesting that the walmart in question never used to carry that oil and now they do, but hey, i'm not gonna complain about more selection!

Porsche factory fills its cars with Mobil 1 0w40, and recommends that it be used by owners.
For me that says a lot about its quality.
Porsche wouldn't recommend it without it being a great oil.

Back