Mobil 1 ESP now available in 5qt jugs in the US

What kinds of things does that spec aim to accomplish? In other words, what are the areas where it might be more stringent?

Also, does someone have the link to the SDS on AFE 0w30? The Mobil 1 search engine may be down. I get no results.
Porsche C30 is basically VW504.00/507.00.
All those specifications have much tougher deposit, Noack, wear, shear, emissions protection requirements than ILSAC specifications like AFE 0W30.

Im trying to decide if I should get this. $29.24 is more than I think I have ever spent on 5 qts of oil in my entire life, but I did start running Euro oil in my F150 Ecoboost. PP Euro L at the moment.

Im trying to decide if I should get this. $29.24 is more than I think I have ever spent on 5 qts of oil in my entire life, but I did start running Euro oil in my F150 Ecoboost. PP Euro L at the moment.
go quaker state 5w40

10 TBN, 229.5, + SP add pack for $15 is unbeatable

Reactions: Y_K
AFE 0W30 is a basic API\ILSAC oil, whereas ESP is a euro mid SAPS oil that carries several stringent European manufacturer approvals such as MB-Approval 229.52, VW 504/507 and Porsche C30.
And the 0W-20 version also carries a Mercedes approval along with Porsche C20, VW 508/509 and dexosD.

There’s a Canadian tire house brand with the same certifications that goes on sale regularly for $28CDN for 5 litres.

CB1E297D-CE73-4D8C-8A91-C48EE3029D2B.jpg

There’s a Canadian tire house brand with the same certifications that goes on sale regularly for $28CDN for 5 litres.

View attachment 81811
The closest thing we have is Pennzoil/Quakerstate Euro LX 0W30, which is really hard to find, and may have been discontinued from the US market, when it was available here it was only available in individual quarts.

I couldn't resist and ordered to have shipped to the house another two jugs. I had some reward points burning a hole in my pocket........Merry Christmas!!

I went ahead before Christmas and picked up 3 more 5 quart jugs, did an oil change so I started with 40 quarts and now I am down to 34 quarts. I am really liking this oil, car seems to like it, car seems to run smoother, really cant prove it. I was a bit apprehensive about buying this oil at 1st, since I have been using Pennzoil Platinum and then Pennzoil Ultra. If I got a 3 quart jug of PU from Amazon I would only be saving like .63 cents a quart or so versus the Mobil 1 ESP.

Don't know much about this . . . but would this be better choice for 2009 Porsche Cayenne (4.8) and 2002 Boxster (2.7) than M 1 0W-40 or 5W-40? Thanks.

I've seen some Canadian's in the past post about 5qt jugs of Mobil 1 ESP, but I have never seen them in the US, I was at AAP the other night getting rid of some waste oil and noticed on the shelf they had 5qt jugs of Mobil 1 ESP 0W-30, it must've just been added they don't even have a picture online. Also right now they don't seem to have it correctly categorized as oil so you can get it with the ChrisFix25 promotion, so it's only $29.24/jug

Saw some at Autozone last week $32.xx for 5 qts. Had its own display.

For whatever reason, no Mega-Lo Marts have 0w30 jugs near me. (last time I checked Amazon was sold out too)

Closest is Fram 0w30 quart bottles at Advance Auto.

Back