Mobil 1 ESP now available in 5qt jugs in the US

My 2015 Tacoma V6 says to use API SN. I don’t see that designation on here. Nor Dexos for that matter.

Does this meet those specs?

My 2015 Tacoma V6 says to use API SN. I don’t see that designation on here. Nor Dexos for that matter.

Does this meet those specs?
Nope, the phosphorous is too high to claim modern API Specs, they say it meets the engine requirements of API SN or something like that but they only claim API SL. This oil is a Euro mid SAPS oil, it's ACEA C3 and carries, VW 504/507, MB-Approval 229.51/MB229.52, and Porsche C30.

In Canada they have 5qt jugs of 5W-30 ESP at Canadian tire, but I don't think any other viscosity grade has been seen in 5qt jugs. They probably won't put 0W-40 in a 5qt jug because it sells at such a low volume, it only has two applications, for the 2.8L Duramax in the Colorado\Canyon in very cold climates or the new Corvette's, since it's such a niche oil there's probably no benefit to XOM by bottling it in both quarts and 5qt jugs.

Reactions: Y_K
That's right blufeb95.... That Porsche C30 spec is a very tough one to pass. Like Porsche A40 is.
What kinds of things does that spec aim to accomplish? In other words, what are the areas where it might be more stringent?

Also, does someone have the link to the SDS on AFE 0w30? The Mobil 1 search engine may be down. I get no results.

Last edited:
What kinds of things does that spec aim to accomplish? In other words, what are the areas where it might be more stringent?

Also, does someone have the link to the SDS on AFE 0w30? The Mobil 1 search engine may be down. I get no results.
There is no posted msds for afe 0w30

Google search Porsche a40 testing....

That will help with the answer. It's amazing to watch what they do with that motor.

The noack is less than 10 percent which is well tougher than API SP or even Dexos at less than 13 percent.

The other details I'd have to look up because it has it's been awhile since I have looked at them.

Back