Mobil 1 ESP Formula 0w40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought about putting it in the LS3 in my SS Sedan...but it takes 8qts, and that oil is so much pricier than the rebate sweetened Mobil 1 and Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30 in my stash.

Maybe in a year or two.

Speedway Motors site (says you can get free US shipping with a $99 order)

https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Mobil1-123875-ESP-Formula-Engine-Oil-0W-40-6-Quarts,371931.html

Mobil 1 ESP 0W-40

Last edited:
M
Originally Posted by shanneba
Speedway Motors site (says you can get free US shipping with a $99 order)

https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Mobil1-123875-ESP-Formula-Engine-Oil-0W-40-6-Quarts,371931.html

Mobil 1 ESP 0W-40

Thats pretty good deal!

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Could you not run Valvoline MST 5W-40?

Or PP Euro L
smile.gif

Originally Posted by 1JZ_E46

Or PP Euro L
smile.gif

What's the point of ESP 0W-40? Just to give 'Vette owners a cool guy oil?

Wonder why ESP 0W-30 doesn't have Dexos2?

In theory yes, but most Corvette owners will refuse to run anything that gives the slightest risk of voiding their warranty. So most will search high and low to be sure to find ESP Formula 0w40.

Originally Posted by Patman

Or PP Euro L
smile.gif

Or in my case ESP Formula 5w30
smile.gif

Hard to do better than ESP Formula 5W-30. The holy grail of low saps oils.

Or PP Euro L
smile.gif

Or in my case ESP Formula 5w30
smile.gif

Hard to do better than ESP Formula 5W-30. The holy grail of low saps oils.

...‚

(it's not in stores or available for pickup at this time though) The price is pretty good too, $54.99 for 6 quarts, plus $8.99 for shipping (that's a lot less than dealers are charging for it)

Patman, I am out of the loop as I do not have a vette but I would like to try it in our Golf R.

Is it available through dealerships in Canada? (If so what is the cost?)

Last edited:
Don't buy it from a GM dealer, I have heard some people say it costs about $23 to $24 a liter there! Go to an ExxonMobil distributor directly, it'll be closer to about $12 a liter from one of them. (such as Dowler Karn in St Thomas, or Brenntag in Etobicoke)

Don't buy it from a GM dealer, I have heard some people say it costs about $23 to $24 a liter there!

I can only imagine how much a vette oil change from the dealer would cost!
crazy2.gif

or Brenntag in Etobicoke)

Funny you mention this as I sent out an email to Brenntag this morning.

(You might recall that last summer I picked up a case of the Mobil1 ESP X1 0W30 from Brenntag (still havent used it)).

Don't buy it from a GM dealer, I have heard some people say it costs about $23 to $24 a liter there!

You are being too kind.

I called 3 dealerships this morning and one said they do not stock the oil. The second priced me at $28 for a quart bottle and the third was $34 for the bottle (each not including taxes)

Go to an ExxonMobil distributor directly, it'll be closer to about $12 a liter from one of them. (such as Dowler Karn in St Thomas, or Brenntag in Etobicoke)

I have placed an order at Brenntag for pickup tomorrow for a case of 6 quart bottles at a cost of just under $66 (so basically $11 a quart) (excluding all taxes of course).

That's a great price! And it proves how ridiculous the markup is at the dealerships! I can't believe anyone in their right mind would pay $34 a liter for oil of any kind!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back