Mobil 1 ESP 0W30

Yes.

SAPS content not too high; that’s good for intake tract cleanliness, and good HTHS rating that will hold up better than, say, a typical API SP 30 grade with the possible fuel dilution that TGDI engine is capable of.

Yes that’s the place to get it. My AutoZone also had the filter special to go along with it even though it wasn’t being advertised at the time.
I wasn’t aware they had it. That’s not a terrible price. Not great, but not sky high either.

Not as good as getting the 0W-30 for
But the 5W-30 might hold up a bit better during the course of an OCI better than the 0W-30 (I assume it has lower VM content).

I have read here that oils with a 0W rating usually use a higher-quality base oil in order to achieve that rating. I wonder if it’s the case with ESP 0W vs. 5W.

Yes that’s the place to get it. My AutoZone also had the filter special to go along with it even though it wasn’t being advertised at the time.
I would like to run some of that, but like others have said before, I refuse to pay auto parts prices for it when other just as good oils can be had for cheaper at Walmart

I would like to run some of that, but like others have said before, I refuse to pay auto parts prices for it when other just as good oils can be had for cheaper at Walmart
What cheaper oil is available from Walmart that has VW 504 00 approval? We used to be able to get Castrol 5W-30LL for something like $24 but that is long gone. Just wondering what you’re getting at Walmart that is similar to Mobil 1 ESP.

Mobil 1 FS 0W40
B2560DAA-12F8-459A-A491-F2D1DB11EBFF.jpg

Last edited:
If I could get the 0W30 around the same price as the w40 I would use it instead.

My only concern is the high saps with the 0w40 and oil consumption in my accord, but as you and Overkill had mentioned it would take using A LOT of oil for it to really affect the catalytic converter, so that has eased my mind some about using it.

I do see the AFE 0W30 quite regularly at Walmart so I suppose that could be a valid option as well

If I could get the ESP 0w30 for the same price as FS 0W40 I would run that instead due to the high saps.

You and overkill had said that my motor would have to be using A LOT of oil for the higher saps 0W40 to really make a difference in poisoning my catalytic converter. So I’m not as worried about using the FS 0W40 as I was before.

I see the AFE 0W30 at Walmart most times I’m in there, the FS 0W40 is hit or miss. From what I have read, the AFE isn’t as stout as the FS.

Also, as you, overkill, zee0six have mentioned in lots of posts, MOFT matters. I care more about engine longevity than fuel mileage

Oh right. Yeah I don’t want a full SAPS oil either hence my question about a less expensive VW 504 00 approved oil. There aren’t any really inexpensive options anymore, the AutoZone price is the best I’ve found by quite a bit. Grade doesn’t matter to me since the approval states a minimum HT/HS.

Castrol 5W-30 C3 from Walmart online used to be another option you might have wanted but the price on that has increased a lot lately too.

Got you, sorry for my misunderstanding of what you were asking.

I’m sure M1 0W40 is way overkill for my application, 4cyl accord commuting 15 miles to and from work.

What cheaper oil is available from Walmart that has VW 504 00 approval? We used to be able to get Castrol 5W-30LL for something like $24 but that is long gone. Just wondering what you’re getting at Walmart that is similar to Mobil 1 ESP.
I got Mobil 1 ESP 0W-30 from Walmart for $7.97/qt. Online price. They might price match in the store.

Reactions: 4WD
Back