Mobil 1 crappy bottle caps

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to the local Mobil gas station for a fill up and a clerk was restocking the Mobil1. He hid the new bottles behind the oil ones.

There is a new smoother looking quart bottle, new cap(?), new eye catching labelling, new........

Its gonna be interesting to see if the formula/marketing/price..... stays the same.

quote:

Originally posted by unDummy:
There is a new smoother looking quart bottle, new cap(?), new eye catching labelling, new........

Just curious...did the label have lines of gold and silver "flowing" out from the "1" in the center of the label and the bottle was silver with a gold cap?

Come to think of it, I think I almost messed up a good shirt due to M1. I was in Target, and I picked up a bottle to to look at the back. The bottle had leaked and I got it on my shirt and hands.
thumbsdown.gif

Why is it that EC is considered to be made from higher quality materials if it leaks from the caps, but Mobil 1 simply has worse quality control than everybody else?

patriot.gif
pat.gif
fruit.gif
sleeping.gif
canada.gif

They do have the worst bottles and caps. They should make smaller versions of the 5qt jugs. Those are the best bottles along with Amsoil's IMO.

quote:

Originally posted by Ryan:
I don't care if the cap is screwed up... just as long as the little seal on the inside is on there fine. I haven't had any problems with that seal once you take the cap off.

Mobil-1 doesn't have any inside seal. Just a cap only....

quote:

I don't have this problem now with ordering Amsoil via UPS

Instead you get that nice "wet spot" soaked into the box.......

I'll give you three guesses.......

I think it's the handling at the store. When I was at PepBoys couple days ago to get some wax I saw the guy "restocking" the oil shelves. He carried 2 cases of (I think) Pro Line and when he was close to the shelf he just let the boxes go and the landing on the floor was not soft..... I wanted to tell him what I think about the way he does his job but I figured my comment wouldn't make any difference.

Mobil bottle leak, why I don't know. About 50% of the caps are loose when they come out of the package. I've opened hundreds of boxes.
rolleyes.gif

-T

I don't care how many single bottles of Mobil 1 are on the shelf, I always open up a brand new case just for the 4 quarts I need.

This ensures me that all 4 quarts have the same date code on them, and no one has screwed with them.
grin.gif

Darryl
patriot.gif

I know those 5 quart jugs have something **** near like teeth on the caps. Need pliers to loosen it or it will cut your hand unless your using gloves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back