Mobil-1 answers to Amsoil? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't take it personal at all.

I checked the replay, technically I was not

a) trying to "score points"
b) "1st one to step in"

And so what, it was funny. Jeez. Actually saying nothing would have been predictable. Contrary to what some think, I actually harbor no ill will toward M1. If you think this, then please check my posts.

Not that good.

i gotta tell ya fellas, i'm with pablo on this one. it was funny. if you don't like it, get over it. it aint the end of the world.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
And seriously I think Doug Hillary is one of the best posters on BITOG.

That is an absolute fact.

I though it was funny as well.
crackmeup2.gif

Hi,
Oh Pabs - I have just sent off your Xmas pressie - 1 million empty containers of M1 0W-40 complete with shearings from our woolclip! Our Merinos have a HTHS vis of around 3.6 millithreads when not affected by the drought

Keep smiling Pablo - Amsoil "Meets" forever.................

Excellent. No one took anything personal, everyone agrees it is completely funny and no sheep were harmed in the shearing on this thread.

All is good.

Originally Posted By: DragRace
There are ALOT of members here though that are tired of seeing mobil 1 debates threads every other day.

Concur.

The promoters of those debates tend to be some of the least knowledgeable contributors.

Originally Posted By: oilyriser
http://www.subaru.com/owners/warranty/index.jsp?year=2006

"Powertrain Limited Warranty
POWERTRAIN COVERAGE for all models is 5 years or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first. Subject to the exclusions listed in this warranty, it covers the major powertrain components listed below.
"

In Canada, we get 62,500 miles!

Oh, my bad. I didn't know the powertrain had a longer warranty than the rest of the car.

Originally Posted By: FastSUV

I AM STILL TRYING TO FIND OUT IF dino OR synthetic is better for a HM American V8 driven a 3000 miles per year tops and sometimes is started without getting up to temp???

Why not use the least expensive synthetic oil that meets the manufacturers viscosity spec and has the highest TBN? Isn't the question here one of time versus viscosity? The difference in MPG between the different viscosities is minimal IMO. WHo cares about the brand?

Last edited:
TBN is the Total base Number, which is the amount of active additive available to neutralize the acid created by the engine. If the additive is gone, then the acid can damage the internals of your engine. Short trips seem to deplete the TBN faster due to water and acid formation in the oil.

The auto censor could be set up to replace acronyms with links to the relevant entry of the glossary... but it would take a lot of typing work to set it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back