Mobil-1 answers to Amsoil? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that with Hyundai in the US it's 10 years or 100,000 miles and in Canada it's 5 years or 100,000 KM (60,000 Miles). That's not fair, but I think they know they can get away with it because Canadians for the most part are used to being bent over!
grin2.gif

"At ExxonMobil we let our customers, endorsements, and extensive engine and field testing do the talking"

But we let Ashland tell our customers when we fail basic API testing.
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
"At ExxonMobil we let our customers, endorsements, and extensive engine and field testing do the talking"

crackmeup2.gif

There goes another thread... Got my Popcorn ready!
35.gif

LOL.gif

crackmeup2.gif

Oh, that's good.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
I noticed that with Hyundai in the US it's 10 years or 100,000 miles and in Canada it's 5 years or 100,000 KM (60,000 Miles). That's not fair, but I think they know they can get away with it because Canadians for the most part are used to being bent over!
grin2.gif

Don't forget on the average vehicles in Canada are subjected to much more harsh operating conditions than the US.

But not twice as much... Plus the majority of us up here rust-proof the vehicles because of the road salt so you would think it would be the same no?

Hi,
Pablo - And now if only Amsoil would go for all the right "certifications" from the API, ACEA, etc and obtain some engine maker Approvals and officially get on their formal List of lubricants...............and forget about playing with four balls like the Germans did in 1941 - Oh well!

Tooslick where are you?

Originally Posted By: Doug Hillary
Hi,
Pablo - And now if only Amsoil would go for all the right "certifications" from the API, ACEA, etc and obtain some engine maker Approvals and officially get on their formal List of lubricants...............and forget about playing with four balls like the Germans did in 1941 - Oh well!

Tooslick where are you?

Hi,

Doug - what's your point? - Oh Well!

Lee Raymond where are you?

Hi,
Pablo - What was your point in the earlier Post?

Never mind Pablo, as long as Amsoil products "Meets", "Exceeds" or "Recommends" then all will be well, we'll just forget about the Manufacturer Approvals then. In these times of economic hardship I'll just ring EM and tell them it doesn't matter and to save a job or two like Amsoil obviously does - keep smiling Pablo - it's 2009

Originally Posted By: Doug Hillary
Hi,
Pablo - What was your point in the earlier Post?

Never mind Pablo, as long as Amsoil products "Meets", "Exceeds" or "Recommends" then all will be well, we'll just forget about the Manufacturer Approvals then. In these times of economic hardship I'll just ring EM and tell them it doesn't matter and to save a job or two like Amsoil obviously does - keep smiling Pablo - it's 2009

My first post above I wrote: "Pure marketing." That's exactly what these type of battles are.

The second post, I was laughing at Drew99GT's comment. You must admit it's pretty funny. (loosen the M1 cap a notch and laugh).

Those were my only two very brief commentaries in this whole thread. Until YOU, in typical fashion, attack me. Why do you do that? Trying to keep me in check or something? It's pretty obvious to others (by the many PM's I receive) that you a) defend M1, and b) just wait for my posts.

As for job creation via regulation, you're stretching it my good man. I would be careful when bringing M1 and cost cutting up in the same sentence. I'd rather Amsoil save the $$ and put the extra $ back into the bottle.

Just do your own posts, I'll do mine. Talk about the subject matter. If someone makes a joke at M1's expense, take it up with them. Not me.

Thanks,

Paul

Hi,
Pablo - Rudeness is uncalled for - but that has become your tack with me.

As for waiting for your Posts you had better believe I don't, I have more to do with my life than that. However accuracy is important to the Forum IMO and I will seek that from you - you are selling a product that is heavily Marketed!

It was not so long ago that the Board was seriously "challenged" by those who sold Amsoil through here. It is better now thank goodness

As for M1 - I use it, I interact with facts on here - and I am not in the pocket of ANY Oil Company and what's more, never have been.

I use a wide range of lubricants from Shell, Mobil and Castrol - as I have done for some decades! And as I will continue to do too

And of course this is a Mobil - Amsoil thread and like others have done I'll have my say - no "threats" or "instructions" from you thanks

Last edited:
Rude? I was not rude to you in the least. This is at least the second time you have accused me of being rude, or rather wrote I was using "rudeness". Can you show me the exact sentence(s) so I can apologize and mend my ways? Accuracy is indeed very important.

You are using products that are even more heavily marketed than Amsoil. That's the marketing game. Big deal. I have never said you were in the pocket of anyone, yet you continue to remind people of the obvious. Do I hide the fact that I'm an Amsoil dealer? But you seem to want to be neutral on M1, but you really don't seem to come across that way. Not trying to be rude, but you are not the Switzerland of motor oil. No need to hide it. Everyone has a bias. Again, big deal. It doesn't matter, don't take it the wrong way. People have their preferences, including you.

I just find it quite odd that you have a problem when I find humor in a simple statement. I am not the person who made the statement. I consider your responding to me a bit more odd than rude, and I am mainly curious why you did that. Can you tell me properly?

Thanks,

Paul

Originally Posted By: StevieC

crackmeup2.gif

There goes another thread... Got my Popcorn ready!
35.gif

LOL.gif

This websites useful information slowly,but surely is spiraling down the drain with all this [censored] until the moderators get a handle on it,it'll keep getting worse
35.gif

So you want things so heavily moderated that we can't make jokes?
smirk2.gif

I'd say it was useful information that Ashland found Mobil 1 was failing API spec.

So you want things so heavily moderated that we can't make jokes?
smirk2.gif

I'd say it was useful information that Ashland found Mobil 1 was failing API spec.

Do whatever you wish,BUT

There are ALOT of members here though that are tired of seeing mobil 1 debates threads every other day.

Geez Paul, I don't think you should take it personal, check the replay, I didn't see it that way at all.

Check the title on the thread for goodness sakes, and if your an AMSOIL salesman stepping into this thread trying to score points, I mean, please.....your fair game.

Yes, a clever zing on M1 was thrown down (i enjoyed it too)....fine, no problem, but then, who is the 1st one to step in and have a public laugh at the big guys expense? Are you kidding me, yes indeed it is the AMSOIL Salesmen!!!!

Cool I think, just watch this one!!!!

Anyone could predict it. How could you not see it coming? A 'most excellent' counter punch, which I must say (Or better yet, I'll simply let Doug's response stand)scored major points, an obvious knock down. Would not have mattered who the challenger was....

"And now if only Amsoil would go for all the right "certifications" from the API, ACEA, etc and obtain some engine maker Approvals and officially get on their formal List of lubricants...............and forget about playing with four balls like the Germans did in 1941"

All three judges scored that round 10 to 8 for Mobil 1.....a near TKO

Oh, that's good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back