Mobil 1 75w90 and Max Life ATF OCI ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wonder how often do I drain and fill this mobil 1 75w90 for rear diff, and MaxLife ATF for tranny. driving mostly city and freeway one a week. Thanks

1998 mustang gt 5 speed.

Last edited:
For me personally, I wouldn't go more than 30k on either of them before I changed it. You could bump your intervals to 50k is you switched to one of the premium products.

They are strong diff's. The first change on my 9.75 and 8.8 in the Expedition was this summer, so ~175,000Km. I changed my Mustang's at 280,000Km, looked like the original stuff that came out.

My Lincoln's has never been changed!
45.gif

Hi,
killagt - I would suggest 4 years OCI. I used 1m kms (or four years) OCIs using M1 75W-90 (and Castrol's equivalent) in my Class 8 Rockwell diffs over many many years

Mostly the change out UOA indicated that it was still suitable for further use

I put 218,000 miles on my old 96 Merc GM and only changed the gear oil once with M1 75-90. No problems.

30k is a good interval.

Depends on driving style, vehicle condition, weather/location......

Maintenance is cheap and not too difficult. Also, fluid debris/condition could warn of a future pending failure.

Not every component is manufactured identical to the one next to it on the assembly line. I could care less if someone's lasted a million miles on the factory fill. Maintenance prevents problems.

I would change 75w90 dino at 30k and 75w90 synthetic at no less than 50k. Amsoil I would run to 100k. The ATF I would change (full fluid exchange) at 30-50k.

Last edited:
one question, my rear diff is take almost 2 quart, I did spill out some off the bottle, so I didnt fill enought see any fluid came out the fill hole, should I buy another quart and fill it until it came out the fill hole ? I put my finger on fill hole and the fluid is very close to the fill hole, but not enought to came out the fill hole. the car run and drive best, in the future I would recomment synthetic over dino any day. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back