Mobil 1 5w40 Euro

Spotted this at WM. Not sure if anything I have would prefer this over 0w40, but here it is.

56008BCA-EBDF-4921-862E-8193BEE087D0.jpeg

DBB4254E-15AC-404C-89B2-79DD513B0BF2.jpeg

Notice this doesn't carry MB-Approval 229.5, only MB 229.3

I'll keep using the stellar M1 Euro 0W-40 which has both.

---EDIT - I see edyvw beat me to it....

Light on approvals, more like a store brand competitor from a major. My guess is it's the same thing that VW dealers are now using for VW 502 bulk oil. It uses viscosity, calcium and ZDDP to achieve the specs and nothing else of note. VOA here:

The previous Castrol bulk VW 502 oil was pretty much the same thing. It worked, I'm sure this will too. What is Wally's pricing on it? Should be less than the top tier offerings.

Light on approvals, more like a store brand competitor from a major. My guess is it's the same thing that VW dealers are now using for VW 502 bulk oil. It uses viscosity, calcium and ZDDP to achieve the specs and nothing else of note. VOA here:

The previous Castrol bulk VW 502 oil was pretty much the same thing. It worked, I'm sure this will too. What is Wally's pricing on it? Should be less than the top tier offerings.
It was $24.xx IIRC. Priced the same as other non EP M1 oils.

It was $24.xx IIRC. Priced the same as other non EP M1 oils.

That's interesting. I don't know why this oil would be picked then with other oils of the same viscosity and more approvals are sitting next to it for the same price. Maybe the average Wally's customer will just grab it because they see "Mobil" on the bottle.

That's interesting. I don't know why this oil would be picked then with other oils of the same viscosity and more approvals are sitting next to it for the same price. Maybe the average Wally's customer will just grab it because they see "Mobil" on the bottle.
The linked thread hit the nail on the head IMO. People will choose if because it’s a 5w40 and that’s what their manual says.

My Audi specs a 5w40 IIRC. I’ve been using 0w40.

Looks almost exactly like QSUD 5W40 except a bit more Ca.

Back