Mobil 1 0w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by buster:

I could have good comparisons of this and S2000 in 1.5 months.
smile.gif

Let us know. I use S2000 all the time and it's great. Best I've found yet with all the benchmarks to prove it!
shocked.gif

Quote from Patman:

"But I'd still be interested in hearing your thoughts on this. I've never heard any mention on here that the 0w30 uses any better base stock than the 5w30 and 10w30, so to me it seems like a bad choice for hard driven cars."

I have to wonder why our Walmarts have the 5/30-10/30 and 15/50 priced at 4.08 per quart and the 0/30 is 4.97 .

Does the price reflect the use of more of the pricey Ester?

quote:

Originally posted by dragboat:
Quote from Patman:

"But I'd still be interested in hearing your thoughts on this. I've never heard any mention on here that the 0w30 uses any better base stock than the 5w30 and 10w30, so to me it seems like a bad choice for hard driven cars."

I have to wonder why our Walmarts have the 5/30-10/30 and 15/50 priced at 4.08 per quart and the 0/30 is 4.97 .

i dunno... all grades at only 1 wal mart by my house is 3.60 a quart... they dont carry the 0w-40 though

Does the price reflect the use of more of the pricey Ester?

quote:

Originally posted by Quick_lude:

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
Where is this store located though?
It's in the Kipling/Queensway area.. Call them for directions.. don't be afraid, the phone will not bite..
tongue.gif
[/QB]

hehe, who needs the phone when I've got you to do my legwork!
smile.gif

Kipling/Queensway isn't too far from where I used to work a few years ago, so I know the area pretty well.

quote:

Originally posted by Quick_lude:

Here is the number for the Noco outlet that stores 0w30 and 0w40 for us GTA peeps..
canada.gif

416 201 9900 18004611305

I finally got off my lazy butt and phoned them, they want $43.50 for a case of 6L of the 0w40 Mobil 1. That's $7.25 per liter, so it's about the same price as Walmart charges for the 10w30 and 5w30. They are only open 9-3 M-F though, or until 5pm for warehouse pickups. It didn't sound like your typical parts store type of a setup, I think it's more of a place where mechanics go to buy stuff in bulk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back