Mobil 1 0W-30 ESP Blackstone Report

Thanks for the reply. My current fill is PP LX 0W-30 and it's closing in on 5,000 miles. I'm going to drain it and send it in and fill it with either
Mobil 1 ESP 0W-40 or something similar. I can't seem to find any 40W oils that are VW 504 approved, any idea why that is?
It’s also because the approval isn’t about the grade it’s about the minimum HT/HS. Grade is irrelevant in this instance. Go with the approval and forget about the grade.

Last edited:
FWIW my 19’ specifically states 30 weight VW 504. I am at about 17k mi on second oil change. Had Castrol FF then M1 0w40 euro. I certainly agree spec is far more important than weight as has been discussed here numerous times. Especially with the fuel dilution these are notorious for, I lean more viscous.

FWIW my 19’ specifically states 30 weight VW 504. I am at about 17k mi on second oil change. Had Castrol FF then M1 0w40 euro. I certainly agree spec is far more important than weight as has been discussed here numerous times. Especially with the fuel dilution these are notorious for, I lean more viscous.
It’s not just more important, it’s what the approval is based upon. In this particular case it’s virtually irrelevant.

Approvals are required but grades are recommended. VW recommending a 30-grade is downright silly considering what the approval means. Some manufacturers like Mercedes-Benz have started to disregard grade all together with their approvals which is more meaningful.

All 504s are XW30 - or at least any of the common ones.

Back