MO-899, Aprox 2,300 Miles

This is from my 6 month OC on my '16 Challenger Hellcat. About 2,300 miles on the filter and 12,300 on the car. PUP 0w-40. I know this is superfluous, but I don't want any issues from Stellantis until my 8 year extended powertrain warranty is up. Warranty calls for 6 month OC's regardless of mileage.

IMG_2034.jpg
IMG_2035.jpg
IMG_2036.jpg
IMG_2038.jpg
IMG_2039.jpg
IMG_2040.jpg
IMG_2041.jpg
IMG_2042.jpg
IMG_2043.jpg
IMG_2044.jpg

Last edited:
J, may I offer a suggestion....take pictures of the filter boxes and capture any lot number and or manufacturing information as well as purchase receipts of the oil used.

J, may I offer a suggestion....take pictures of the filter boxes and capture any lot number and or manufacturing information as well as purchase receipts of the oil used.
Thanks. I buy the oil and filter from my dealer and keep the receipts. (They sell the oil for about the same price as Amazon and the filter is cheaper than Advance Auto.) Then I log the OC's at the Mopar site where the car is registered.

Thanks. I buy the oil and filter from my dealer and keep the receipts. (They sell the oil for about the same price as Amazon and the filter is cheaper than Advance Auto.) Then I log the OC's at the Mopar site where the car is registered.
Do you have a link to the specific Mopar page that you log the OC's for you car? I have my car registered there but can't figure out what combination of buttons to push to get to where I can log in the OC's.

Thanks

J, ask the dealer to link the purchases to your car's VIN. They can do that via the service parts inventory allocation system.

Do you have a link to the specific Mopar page that you log the OC's for you car? I have my car registered there but can't figure out what combination of buttons to push to get to where I can log in the OC's.

Thanks
Sign in, click on your vehicle in "My Garage" and scroll down to the Latest Maintenance Records, select View All. Then you can edit or add to them.

Wait--an extended warranties on a Hellcat engine? What's that cost?
It was $1370, but I got FCA to pay for half after dealing with an idiot service manager. 8 year/85k with $100 deductible. I had to shop the price. Got the policy from Tom Winkels at Hayes Jeep. Highly recommended if shopping genuine Mopar. There were quite a few '16's with bad SC bearings. That's why I got the warranty. So far, mine is good.

but I don't want any issues from Stellantis until my 8 year extended powertrain warranty is up.”” Warranty calls for 6 month OC's regardless of mileage.””

I have never heard of such a thing, did someone tell you that? or did you see it written somewhere in the warranty conditions.

but I don't want any issues from Stellantis until my 8 year extended powertrain warranty is up.”” Warranty calls for 6 month OC's regardless of mileage.””

I have never heard of such a thing, did someone tell you that? or did you see it written somewhere in the warranty conditions.
It's in the owner's manual. I believe all SRT's have the same requirement. Not sure.
https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/pennzoil-drain-intervals-q-a-answers.345626/ See response #8.
1636421336472.jpeg

Last edited:
It was $1370, but I got FCA to pay for half after dealing with an idiot service manager. 8 year/85k with $100 deductible. I had to shop the price. Got the policy from Tom Winkels at Hayes Jeep. Highly recommended if shopping genuine Mopar. There were quite a few '16's with bad SC bearings. That's why I got the warranty. So far, mine is good.
I'm not a buyer of extended warranties, but that seems like a bargain. 85K miles on a Hellcat = 340K 1/4-miles :cool:😀

Seems odd they would sell an 899 for an SRT engine, especially considering you are cognizant of the warranty implications of using non-approved parts. I would have expected them to push the SRT version of that filter.

I don’t know that the SRT filter is officially recommended for the SRT engines, but I know that one exists and am just surprised they didn’t try to sel that one instead of the 899 used on normal Hemi engines.

Seems odd they would sell an 899 for an SRT engine, especially considering you are cognizant of the warranty implications of using non-approved parts. I would have expected them to push the SRT version of that filter.

I don’t know that the SRT filter is officially recommended for the SRT engines, but I know that one exists and am just surprised they didn’t try to sel that one instead of the 899 used on normal Hemi engines.
Yeah, I agree. I ran the SRT filter for a couple OC’s. Then I noticed some QC issues on them. Like center tube louvers that weren’t very well opened and gaskets that were not attached well. I could flick them off easily with a finger. (Not a problem if you’re careful.)
The MO-899 is original on on Hellcats, Redeyes, Demons, and the Hellephant (I think), so good enough, I guess. Especially with short oci’s.

Yeah, I agree. I ran the SRT filter for a couple OC’s. Then I noticed some QC issues on them. Like center tube louvers that weren’t very well opened and gaskets that were not attached well. I could flick them off easily with a finger. (Not a problem if you’re careful.)
The MO-899 is original on on Hellcats, Redeyes, Demons, and the Hellephant (I think), so good enough, I guess. Especially with short oci’s.

I run the 899 quite often and have no qualms about using them on either of my 5.7Ls. I even ran one out to 12K miles once by accident and cut it open to inspect its condition once I pulled it off. The condition of its filter element was not any different than I had seen on filters previously run to 5-7K miles. So while the SRT version may be “better”, I have yet to find a scenario in which the 899 isn’t good enough.

Sign in, click on your vehicle in "My Garage" and scroll down to the Latest Maintenance Records, select View All. Then you can edit or add to them.
Thanks for the web-trail but there's no "Latest Maintenance Records" link anywhere on the "My Garage" page. My vehicle is listed and there's a "Maintenance Schedule" tab and a "Do-It-Yourself Resources" tab, but neither of them have any kind of "maintenance records" tab.

Thanks for the web-trail but there's no "Latest Maintenance Records" link anywhere on the "My Garage" page. My vehicle is listed and there's a "Maintenance Schedule" tab and a "Do-It-Yourself Resources" tab, but neither of them have any kind of "maintenance records" tab.
That's odd. I have no idea why we see different pages. :unsure: What year is your vehicle?

I’m using IOS also. When you go to the Maintenance Page there should be a tab for records. When you open it there should be a place to add records.

Attachments

• 8C8C9BD0-43C5-4370-909E-8CDDBA449948.jpg
    8C8C9BD0-43C5-4370-909E-8CDDBA449948.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 13
Back