Mopar MO-285 C&P from 2012 Ram 2500 Cummins 6.7L - 7,763 miles (273 hours) 111,958 miles on vehicle

Here is the C&P for my truck filter. I changed the oil earlier this month.

Out was Mobil Delvac 1300 15w40 and the MO-285. This fill was a Fleetguard LF16035 and Mystik JT-8 15w40.

I did notice a slight tear on the pleat next to the seam crimp. It was tore away from the end cap on both ends. This is the first I’ve seen this on these MO-285’s. I still think they are a decent filter and would run one if I couldn’t get the Fleetguard.

Just my $0.02

IMG_2342.jpeg
IMG_2341.jpeg
IMG_2340.jpeg
IMG_2339.jpeg
IMG_2338.jpeg
IMG_2337.jpeg
IMG_2336.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought I saw someone mention that Mopar filters for that engine were the same as the Fleetguard. Not sure if it's true or not. I hope you have better results on the fleetguard. Hopefully, it tore towards the end of your oil run. I really don't like to see this especially from an OEM filter. This is unacceptable but what do we do? I suppose sending a photo with an explanation just to sort of get their attention. If they get enough complaints then they know they'll need to try something different. I think you told me the other day about the Mystic but can you remind me if you're getting a UOA on the Mystik?

I thought I saw someone mention that Mopar filters for that engine were the same as the Fleetguard. Not sure if it's true or not. I hope you have better results on the fleetguard. Hopefully, it tore towards the end of your oil run. I really don't like to see this especially from an OEM filter. This is unacceptable but what do we do? I suppose sending a photo with an explanation just to sort of get their attention. If they get enough complaints then they know they'll need to try something different. I think you told me the other day about the Mystic but can you remind me if you're getting a UOA on the Mystik?

I will do a UOA on the next OCI. It is my understanding that Fleetguard makes these Mopar filters. I upgraded to the Strataspore style filter and the Mopar is the regular media style.

Just my $0.02

I have serious filter envy over the size of your filter. My Duramax filter is teeny-tiny and in my opinion should be changed every 5,000 miles max.
I have heard the rumors of the D-Max filter being smaller. I like how big the Cummins filter is and the location on my 2012 is easy to get to from under the truck. Hardest part is wiping off the sealing surface on the mount. I use a filter "socket" and long extension to R&R the filter.

Just my $0.02

I have heard the rumors of the D-Max filter being smaller. I like how big the Cummins filter is and the location on my 2012 is easy to get to from under the truck. Hardest part is wiping off the sealing surface on the mount. I use a filter "socket" and long extension to R&R the filter.

Just my $0.02
See my previous posts here:

Mopar MO-285 is a rebranded Fleetguard LF3972, cellulose media 95% at 30 microns I've read.

I have serious filter envy over the size of your filter. My Duramax filter is teeny-tiny and in my opinion should be changed every 5,000 miles max.
I'm kind of surprised no one has come up with a remote filter location or some sort of adaptor for a larger capacity filter yet.

Back