MMO through PCV hose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anybody used MMO in a similar fashion as Seafoam to clean the top end of an engine?

Originally Posted By: seafoam directions
To remove carbon and varnish deposits more quickly, Sea Foam can be induced directly into the combustion chamber via the following method. With the engine warmed up and running, SLOWLY POUR 1/3 to ½ can of Sea Foam down the carburetor throat or into any main manifold vacuum line that DISTRIBUTES EVENLY TO ALL CYLINDERS...

Once the product has been applied, turn off the engine and allow the Sea Foam to heat soak for a minimum of 10 minutes.

Has anybody tried this? Did you notice a difference?

I would use a different product them MMO, but yes through the PVC or brake booster hose is effective

Originally Posted By: sunfire

Yes, works with Seafoam I don't know with MMO in the same manner.

Originally Posted By: beast3300
Originally Posted By: sunfire

Yes, works with Seafoam I don't know with MMO in the same manner.

I should clarify my last statement. I was referring to MMO, I know seafoam works. Just wondering anyone has used MMO instead of seafoam.

ive done it. smoked alot like the seafoam . doubt it worked as well but i would bet it worked ok

Last edited:
i bet it would do really nasty things to
1) the spark plugs
2) the oxygen sensors
3) the catalytic converters

I'd only use water trickled through the intake. And that's all I'd use.
It is a marvelous cleaner when done right.

MMO is great in the gas tank, for a bunch of reasons. It lubes the fuel pump , valve guides, and upper cylinder. It cleans pretty well. About 4 ounces per/10 gal gas is good. This is a better method than in the intake. Use it regularly. All you'll get is smoke when used in the intake..

As mechtech2 said I would use water, very hot water. MMO is a great product, but I think you'd throw out a smoke screen that would draw lots of attention, kill insects, wildlife, j/k not to mention piz off the neighbors. You'd probably foul your plugs too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back