MMO synthetic

What, this exists? what a waste of PAO that could've gone into an oils base formulation instead even if it's 1% of the volume. Probably gonna be at least 2-2.5x the already high price of mmo. Heck maybe 3x + for the mmo suckers.

What, this exists? what a waste of PAO that could've gone into an oils base formulation instead even if it's 1% of the volume. Probably gonna be at least 2-2.5x the already high price of mmo. Heck maybe 3x + for the mmo suckers.
Not sure how much regular MMO costs but the guy in the video said it'll be around $13. Some people responded to his video that they've already seen this product at AutoZone .

Not sure how much regular MMO costs but the guy in the video said it'll be around $13. Some people responded to his video that they've already seen this product at AutoZone .
Didn't even know it had a price or it was already available. Still, I'd rather spend $13 more on the oil itself. Heck even just bumping up a grade alone helps with wear and doesn't cost much. Just cost you some bucks more at the pump during the oci.

I was a huge MMO fan. But now that prices have doubled for the normal MMO, and this "Synthetic" coming out with an even higher price tag - the MMO days may be over for me. It always made sense to use it while it was cheap. But at the current price - there are better options.
TC-W3 oil for example. 1oz of TC-W3 per 5 gallons of fuel (640:1 ratio) works as well as MMO at twice that dosage.
I will miss the wonderful MMO smell.

Sounds like competition for Rislone with a PAO base. Have to wait to see the SDS to see if it has detergents.

Any car that uses 0w20 or any other synthetic oil probably wouldn't respond too well to MMO in its oil. I only use it on the OPE to treat fuel

I can't upload the full SDS, but I have a copy of it.

Not really requested but I wanted to share.
MMOS.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Regular MMO I have found info online saying it contains the following two main ingredients (plus a some anti wear additives in small amounts that I don't have the details on).. I think this specific info was from the NTSB which analyzed and published the analysis of the Marvel Mystery Oil because it was found in the gas/oil of a plane that crashed.

Petroleum distillates--"Hydrotreated heavy naphthenic"
Naphthenic Base Oils or Alkylated Naphthalene's are Group V base oils made from distillates of crude-oil (74%)

Petroleum distillates--"Stoddard solvent" also known as white spirit, 10–30% is a paraffin-derived clear, transparent liquid which is a common organic solvent (25%)

I am curious to see how the "synthetic" MMO is made up. Has anyone seen any testing on it yet? I am assuming probably not, if its a relatively new product...

• Haha
Reactions: hrv
Back