MMO synthetic

Regular MMO I have found info online saying it contains the following two main ingredients (plus a some anti wear additives in small amounts that I don't have the details on).. I think this specific info was from the NTSB which analyzed and published the analysis of the Marvel Mystery Oil because it was found in the gas/oil of a plane that crashed.

Petroleum distillates--"Hydrotreated heavy naphthenic"
Naphthenic Base Oils or Alkylated Naphthalene's are Group V base oils made from distillates of crude-oil (74%)

Petroleum distillates--"Stoddard solvent" also known as white spirit, 10–30% is a paraffin-derived clear, transparent liquid which is a common organic solvent (25%)

I am curious to see how the "synthetic" MMO is made up. Has anyone seen any testing on it yet? I am assuming probably not, if its a relatively new product...
2 posts above yours, 3800series posted the MMO Synthetic sds sheet.

2 posts above yours, 3800series posted the MMO Synthetic sds sheet.
Yeah, was kinda a pain to get from them. I got a pretty delayed run around a few times, basically just saying SDS should be listed, if not the product has been discontinued, and we would no longer have it.

Honestly, I got annoyed, and mentioned OSHA which resulted in a very quick response from their "regulatory manager".

That was the main reason for sharing it, if they did it to me, they would likely do it to everyone. So I figured I was saving someone some time until it got listed on the website.

Does anyone happen to know the viscosity of this new MMO synthetic? The wear scar testing they published looks promising, but it was being being compared to and tested with a grp III 0w-20.

Does POA have a strong cleaning effect?Just curious
Thanks
Nope, PAO is incredibly non-polar, it's actually pretty poor at cleaning and holding additives in suspension, PAO has incredible oxidation resistance, but when PAO does oxidize and turn to varnish it tends to turn into a very hard varnish that requires mechanical removal.

Nope, PAO is incredibly non-polar, it's actually pretty poor at cleaning and holding additives in suspension, PAO has incredible oxidation resistance, but when PAO does oxidize and turn to varnish it tends to turn into a very hard varnish that requires mechanical removal.
It shouldn't be added to the gas tank, then?

Is this discontinued? I don't even see it on their website.
To the best of my knowledge, no, however it has not been listed on their website.

When I spoke to them in the past to get the SDS they seemed to be unaware of the products existence themselves oddly enough.

They insisted the product didn't exist, or was discontinued, so they kept refusing my request.

To the best of my knowledge, no, however it has not been listed on their website.

When I spoke to them in the past to get the SDS they seemed to be unaware of the products existence themselves oddly enough.

They insisted the product didn't exist, or was discontinued, so they kept refusing my request.
How bizarre!

Back