MMO in fuel success stories

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put a quart of it in the crankcase of a Jeep 4.0 once trying to quiet a lifter tic. Didn't work. Mainly because it wasn't actually a lifter but a constantly clicking fuel purge solenoid. ;)

I use MMO every winter,for mr,southwest ct,November too april.then,I change too Lucas ucl.and lately,too ucl,I've been adding a bottle,if supertech has treatment. With it,I average 240 miles.can go 253. Without lucas,and additive,I'll make it 190 miles. With MMO it's the same. But,with MmO,the exhaust has a very nice minty smell😁
MMo is known,for cleaning very good! I don't know anyone,who's put a camera scope into plug holes,after using mmo every tankfull. I would love too,but,I have a lesabre.notorious,the plug wires get destroyed when removing.so for me,it's once every 30,000 miles lol.

I use MMO every winter,for mr,southwest ct,November too april.then,I change too Lucas ucl.and lately,too ucl,I've been adding a bottle,if supertech has treatment. With it,I average 240 miles.can go 253. Without lucas,and additive,I'll make it 190 miles. With MMO it's the same. But,with MmO,the exhaust has a very nice minty smell😁
MMo is known,for cleaning very good! I don't know anyone,who's put a camera scope into plug holes,after using mmo every tankfull. I would love too,but,I have a lesabre.notorious,the plug wires get destroyed when removing.so for me,it's once every 30,000 miles lol.
So you're claiming up to a 33% increase in fuel economy due to the additive(s)?

Have you told any of the oil companies about this?

I used MMO in the fuel of a 2007 Chevy Aveo that had rough idle issues many moons ago, and it did seem to do something to alleviate that problem with regular use over time.

I run it every tank in all three of my cars ['63, '86, '05].

The 63 even has an Ampco Device [ http://www.ampcolubes.com/ ] to deliver a constant measure, mostly because I like the prehistoric tech [NOS device] and it looks fiendish under the hood. A definite conversation starter. [MMO made one of their own to use it's brew as well , the Marvel Oiler].

Plus the time tested element is appealing. I like using stuff people used decades ago. Like Turtle Wax Cleaner Wax [fist car I ever waxed, 1967Family car '66 Mercury Montclair] , NuFinish [started using back in the '70s, again, on my Dad's car], Kozak Dry Wash cloths [since the '80s ], STP products [ for the brand not necessarily for the Oil Treatment, I had a sticker on my bicycle's banana seat when I was 11... plus the Studebaker connection].

I also use Lucas and save the bottles to pre-measure my MMO into convenient doses.

It's a sickness.

Does it work ? I like it and use it. The novelty and entertainment factors give me a boost. The cars ? I have no idea. I like to think it does, so worth the money. Cheap thrills.

Attachments

• mmo 1950.jpg
    mmo 1950.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 42
I've put it in the crankcase for a short period of time and the engine didn't blow up, so it's good stuff.

I wanted to make a thread about this but for me and my father MMO in the gas at 4-8oz per fill up has really fixed some cold start issues. My mother's car would take 2-3 turns of the key or you'd need to wait about 5-10 seconds for the fuel pump to prime when it was cold out, but recently even in really cold weather it's been starting right up without waiting for the fuel pump to prime. I don't know what it does for the combustion chamber/etc but it does seem quite good at lubricating fuel pumps.

I put MMO into my Ferrari 308's fuel as I think it could be good for the CIS injection system. No data to back that up, of course.

I have used it without issue but I have no need for it in a new car that gets nothing but tt fuel.

I wouldn't use it as a oil additive though.
I use it during cold months, even with synthetic motor oil. Not more than 1 ounce per quart. TT fuel can benefit from the lubrication quality of MMO. The fuel injectors and upper cylinders will benefit. The key is using a small amount often, or a similar product.

I use it during cold months, even with synthetic motor oil. Not more than 1 ounce per quart. TT fuel can benefit from the lubrication quality of MMO. The fuel injectors and upper cylinders will benefit. The key is using a small amount often, or a similar product.
Fuel injectors do not benefit from additional lubrication in the fuel. And what is it in the upper cylinders that isn’t already being adequately lubricated?

I’m mostly asking because I’ve gotten well over 300k on nearly all my vehicles, with over 450k on the Sienna and I’ve never used an UCL.

Can't make this up fellas... A few pennies in MMO (4oz MMO to 10gal of fuel ratio) are saving me dollars at the pump. During last 2 weeks one of my vehicles ended up going through 6 full tanks of fuel, 16-16.5 gallons every time. It's the 2006 Camry with 3.0L V6. All fuel came from same gas station and even same pump.
Average fuel consumption for tanks 1/2/3 worked out to 20.47 MPG.
Average fuel consumption for tanks 4/5/6 worked out to 22.36 MPG.
First 3 tanks were just fuel, next 3 tanks had MMO in mentioned ratio.
Numbers don't lie, so I'll take any savings I can get. Only wish my other cars responded to MMO the same way...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back