MMO in fuel success stories

Status
Not open for further replies.
For almost my whole time driving, and dozens of different vehicles, i have used MMO in the fuel, and NEVER has one gave me even a check engine light, or had catalytic converter issues. They were all sold/junked/upgraded and not because of engine trouble. (unless its a ford 3.8L) I have used MMO religiously at recommended dosages, usually 4OZ per 10 gals of fuel, and sometimes even a little "extra" and really believe it does help, but not instantly.. This is a product you must use for tanks of fuel to see the benefits. I use 91 Non-Ethanol fuel along with 4-6 OZ of MMO for every 10 gals and the engines always run better than the mileage on the dash would suggest. Even in the Elantra, i had a mechanic buddy drive it recently, (that does not know i use MMO at every fill up) and they even said how "smooth" and "peppy" it feels.. Now it could be the non-ethanol premium fuel, or it could be the MMO is cleaning the fuel lines, and lubricating the fuel pump/injectors, and giving the cylinders a touch more cleaning/lubrication thus a slight higher compression and that in turn means a "smoother" running engine especially after some time of using it.. I know MMO will not fix a worn out engine, or one with shot rings, but if you have a good foundation to start with i believe MMO does help..

Now, that i said that part, i will say this. With today's advance synthetic motor oil's, i would never use it in the crankcase, unless there is sludge that i'm trying to clean out or something "extreme" but will continue using it in the fuel, for the foreseeable future. It is priced right at WM about $3 dollars a bottle and the very slight increase in gas mileage,(I can not say how much because there are far too many variables), plus the for lubrication and cleaning properties, and having more "pep" and a smoother running engine, its a win for me, and the results that i noticed first hand make this product worth it.

Not everyone is on the same boat as me, and believe its snake oil, but there are also other who like me swear by it....

Lets hear your results with MMO in the fuel, good or bad.

Last edited:
Years ago I got better mileage with dose of MMO in oil This is no longer true on my current fleet. I suspect oils have improved and material, where there is no need.

Rod

I used it for years in my Jeep and had a measurable increase in mpgs. Tried it in a few other vehicles that didn't seem to care or even one where mpg decreased.

It's good stuff that can be useful for certain purposes despite the naysayers.

I've used it in my 5 gal gas tank for lawn mower use, and on occasion in my Harley's tank if it sat for a while. The only thing I can say is, it seems to keep the gas from going stale for at least a year. I also will throw some form of Gummout in the tank for what that can do. I never noticed any increase in mileage, and even if it did help, wouldn't it be a wash if you just bought more gas, expense wise?.,,

Wonky fuel gauges in Nissan 370Z's were a known issue. The last dot on the gauge wouldn't light up showing Full even if you accidentally filled the tank to overflowing. The apparent cause was the crummy fuel, even when using top tier, 91 octane religiously.
Adding the recommended dose of MMO apparently cleaned or lubed the sending unit in the tank and at the next fill up the gauge worked properly. After a few tank fulls the problem would reoccur and another dose of MMO fixed it again.

As far as increasing the mileage, I don't know. But between using top tier gas, adding MMO about every 1000 miles and adding a bottle of Techron before each oil change I have never had any issues that could be fuel injector related in several vehicles that I owned long enough to put close to 100k miles on each. If nothing else MMO's solvent properties are a good thing at a very cheap cost.

Stuff that gets top oil is my gen and my mower and the snow blower and the mower and blower had lasted so long the engine was still great and the rest of the unit had turned to dust ! 27 years.
I was using either 2 stroke oil or leftover motor oil as top oil. MMO smells great but I have other orphaned oils to use and they seem to work well. Even smokeless lamp oil works good in the gas tank and you can get that in blue as well as red!

What about this is a mystery to you guys making it worthy of praise? Just curious

C80B2B3D-F8DA-4EEC-8E43-606BE3E27533.jpg

1999 Dodge Durango, 360 V8, over 200k miles when it came into my life. Anytime over 90*, or over 80* with the AC on it would ping like a banshee on 87 octane. 91 would quiet it down.

I started adding MMO to every fill up. After about 3 tankfuls I could run it on 87 anytime, and in the fall/winter, 85 octane worked too. All I can assume it cleaned the crap out of the pistons and combustion chambers. I kept adding it until I sold it I add a splash to every gas vehicle I own now. Because.I.Can.

Just bought another bottle. Wish i could find it by the gal! Local WM was out for the past month, and i was running low, so had to pay $5.99 at the zone for a larger bottle. Even if it was $10 i'd still buy it. I know i know but you cant put a price on love :love::love::love::love:

For almost my whole time driving, and dozens of different vehicles, i have used MMO in the fuel, and NEVER has one gave me even a check engine light, or had catalytic converter issues. ...

Not really a glowing review. You put something in the gas tank and not hurting anything isn't really a grand endorsement...

Used MMO on many of my vehicles. Results vary greatly from one vehicle to another. Some saw decrease in noise, some saw decrease in MPG, some saw increase in MPG. And a couple vehicles showed zero reaction. But it definitely kept the carburetors clean in all OPE for winter storage, and made it all start on first pull or two after winter storage. Without MMO it took up to 10 pulls sometimes.
Currently my cars get occasional splash of it, and my little scooter gets 0.5oz for every full tank (~1gal), in attempt to keep that 18mm Honda Carburetor nice and clean for many years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back