MMO how much should I add ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ndx

Hi Guys,

Finally got my gallon of MMO .. Had to order it from US.
My Mazda 3 Gas tank is 55 Liters ... According to Mazda.

I guess that
120 ml = 4.05768272 US fluid ounces is a good shot of MMO for Full Tank ?

Or maybe some better recommendations.

I heard that It can make drive train a little quieter I wonder how many treatments I need to see some results ?

Thank You all.

Last edited:
I have recently tried running it in my Dad's Caravan. Can't say how good it's working............... I tried it in my Taurus and can't tell a difference.

I am doing Auto-RX changes and figured it can't hurt. Maybe it can help with upper cylinder lubrication at the least.

Weel :) I hope that its not dissolved only in my gas tank :D
I hope that I will seee some difference - I have noisy injectors :D I will keep you guys updated

Last edited:
There should be a recommended ratio on the back of the MMO bottle. Mine says 4 ounces for every 10 gallons. Seems 55L must be around 15 gallons, so 6.11536544 U.S. ounces.

But I think the initial dose can be a lot stronger. Seems I poured a whole quart in my 35 gallon motorhome tank once, about 1 oz per gallon.

Since around 50,000 miles (I'm now at 60,000) I've added 12 oz of MMO during each fillup of my Mazda 6s. With 15 to 16 gallon fillups, that's a bit less than 1 oz per gallon. I haven't noticed any difference at all yet, and I don't really expect any since the car has run perfectly since new. I plan to run with this concentration of MMO for the life of this vehicle, along with 87 octane Shell or Chevron fuel.

What I do expect is the intake valves remaining as clean as new, and therefore no gradual reduction in power due to intake restriction. A side benefit I hope to see is a very long life from the fuel injectors and fuel pump. I think a little lubricant in the fuel can go a long ways with these components.

Avelectro -
You are actually running a very strong concentration of MMO in your fuel.
Way too much.
Like 7-8ounces 10 /gallon.
Strive for 3-4 ounces/10 gallons

According to MMO, the doseage should be 4 fluid ounces for 10 US gallons(37,85 liters).
55litres=14,53 US gallons, and you should put in 5,812 fluid ounce.
This equals to 171 milliliters, or 0,171 liter.

The suggested rate is 4 ounces/ 10 gallons of gas. I had a nice conversation with Rich Kelly who works in their tech dept, and this is how MMO should be used for best results. Run a good FI cleaner through the engine first, that is if you haven't already done so. MMO is not a fuel injector cleaner, it does some cleaning there are products specifically designed to clean carbs and injectors. Some people get confused with that. After you've run the FI cleaner start with the MMO. A slight OD of the product won't hurt, but it might reduce your mpg's if you use too much. Run the suggested amount, it does help.

With any strong concentration of anybody's oil in the gas, I start to get concerned about the catalytic converter.
I feel I should take it easy on the cat.
Also, possible deposits may form in the CC.

Unless you are planning on storing the car for an extended period of time, OD'ing the car on MMO is not a good idea. My son will be leaving sometime this week to Afghanistan and his car will sit for at least 6-9 months. In his case I suggested he adds 1 qt of MMO to the gas along with some stabil. It's worked well for the last 2 deployments. Aside from the extended sitting time I'd stick to the suggested dose.

I've OD'ed my van via the Inverse Oiler, and I can tell you first hand too much will cut engine power down. I still have the original cat converter in an 88 van run with MMO going into the engine via the inverse oiler and it still passes NY smog test.

Bottom line use as directed for best results.

Loc: WA The Jeep is showing on average about 1.5 mpg better with the MMO. I have been monitoring that closely. My problem is I don't drive it enough so it took a while to arive at that figure.I also noticed that the suggested 4 oz per 10 gallons works well, you can even go a little under. 5 oz per 10 gallons is the max I would go, beyond that mpgs will suffer.

My 93 Aerostar was making the same exact run week after week for over a year. I then changed it over to TCW3, but the driving route has changed, and mpgs dropped. Not sure if it was due to TCW3 so it isn't really fair.

These calculations take time, and there is a lot of variables. I will continue to experiment.

I believe C3PO saw some results using MMO in the gas, hopefully he'll weight in.

Originally Posted By: jonny-b
According to MMO, the doseage should be 4 fluid ounces for 10 US gallons(37,85 liters).

You nordics ...so anal (j/k
grin2.gif
)

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

Loc: WA The Jeep is showing on average about 1.5 mpg better with the MMO. I have been monitoring that closely. My problem is I don't drive it enough so it took a while to arive at that figure.I also noticed that the suggested 4 oz per 10 gallons works well, you can even go a little under. 5 oz per 10 gallons is the max I would go, beyond that mpgs will suffer.

My 93 Aerostar was making the same exact run week after week for over a year. I then changed it over to TCW3, but the driving route has changed, and mpgs dropped. Not sure if it was due to TCW3 so it isn't really fair.

These calculations take time, and there is a lot of variables. I will continue to experiment.

I believe C3PO saw some results using MMO in the gas, hopefully he'll weight in.

I have noticed a 1 mile m.p.g. difference since using MMO. I think the better benefit is that my Marauder with fuel injection and my El Camino with a carburetor are running fantastic.

After adding a Maintenance Dose to my Marauder I now have to take it easy on the accelerator because the engine is so responsive.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Originally Posted By: jonny-b

You nordics ...so anal (j/k
grin2.gif
)
Also, the Euro system of writing big numbers makes that look like a recommendation for 45.4 gallons of MMO. We really need standardization worldwide.

I also have a Mazda 3 with a 15 gallon tank. My best MMO mileage result has been with a dosage of 4 ounces. 6 ounces killed the MPG's.

OK, I'll cut back to the recommended dosage on my Mazda 6s, especially since I haven't seen any benefit of going the OD route.

On the other, albeit very differently designed hand, my RX-8 does seem to benefit from a 1 oz per gallon mix. This car earned EPA estimates of 18 mpg city and 25 mpg highway, and both were lowered for the 2008 models due to an EPA recalculation. In any case, with a 128:1 fuel to MMO ratio, this car gets much better fuel economy. Daily commuting around Phoenix results in 24 to 25 mpg and for Phoenix to LA round trips driven at the speed limit, which is admittedly nearly ideal, the car will go 30 miles for each gallon of 91-octane Shell or Chevron gasoline.

Those numbers are poor compared to a hybrid or any other economy car but you've got to admit they are very good for an RX-8!
And I give most of the credit to the high dose of Marvel Mystery Oil I add to the fuel.

In speaking to people who use MMO frequently in the gas the suggested dose is a good ballpark to start with. Some smaller 4 cyl engines run better on a little less, and bigger V8's seem to do well on the 4 oz/10 gallons. Trial and error.

I've noticed that you can tell more easily when a car with a Stick Shift has been OD'ed, it takes more throttle to engage the clutch to get the car moving. With an AT it is much harder to feel, but in both cases of an OD mpgs will drop.

AD

I've been using MMO in my LS1 engine and I can feel the engine run smoother and it pulls harder with 89 octane. Does MMO raise the octane? I might try it with 93 sometime.

Last edited:
Wow, sounds like good stuff! Ive tried it in the past, perhaps Ill use it again if it makes so much more power and increases mpg. I wonder how they cram all that thermal energy in a few ounces of oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back