I alway fill up 13 gallon fuel, how much MMO to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, im start add MMO to oil, my engine use 6 quart, I replace it with 1 quart MMO, now with fuel, when ever my tank get to low mark ( not fully empty ) , I alway fill up with 13.5 gallon, how much MMO do I need to add ? should I use every tank ? thanks

i would not use a whole quart in your oil unless you are going to drain it in 1-2000 miles. remember , it is only 5 wt oil with solvents. It will not hurt immediately ,but the solvents will wash oil off your bearings. I use it as a short term cleaner, not a regular oil treatment.
As far as it in the gas , you only need it or lucas ucl, which i like better, once every 4-5 tanks and only 5 oz of lucas and 8-12 oz of mmo.

y do u mix mmo and lucas together ? i would not use any thing that have lucas name on it.

Originally Posted By: killagt
Hi, im start add MMO to oil, my engine use 6 quart, I replace it with 1 quart MMO, now with fuel, when ever my tank get to low mark ( not fully empty ) , I alway fill up with 13.5 gallon, how much MMO do I need to add ? should I use every tank ? thanks

The suggested rate in the gas is 4 ounces/10 gallons of gas so about 5 ounces should do it. For best results most people add it each time they gas up.

In over 80-years, never a single complaint in the company's history about MMO doing any damage at all to an engine.

You can leave that MMO in there for the full OCI, myself and many others on here do it as well.

Yes, it does contain a solvent, but a very mild one that will not hurt bearings.

Anyway, the recommended dosage is 4 oz. per 10 gallons. If your tank isn't empty, then this would be a good starting point. If it's a little under - no problem. Same if it's a little over. You'll just have to experiment to see what dosage your vehicle prefers.

I'm not trying to start a war, just pointing out the facts - the same facts printed over and over by countless users in the many MMO threads on BITOG.

I have never heard of damage either ,but I am wary of using large amounts of any additives including mmo. I recently used 8 and 16 oz for a half (2000 mile) oil change in 2 old corollas so i am not discouraging its use ,but be prudent with it. Yes ,you could probably run all mmo until your oil pressure went to zero , but why. It is most economical and sensible to use as little as possible to clean an engine. I personally think that a quart is too much unless you are starting a car in -0 weather and want a real thin oil. In that case buy a 0w20. For cleaning a reasonably clean engine or for maintenance , I would not use more than a pint. jmo

Obviously at some point before you have 100% MMO there will be problems. 1/6th is closer than I'd like to be.

Then again, maybe there's someone out there so far removed from reality that this is exactly what they do, and of course they're not having any problems.

In the fuel? Why not. 200~250:1 or 5oz/10 gallons sounds about right. Not that it will fix the problem you haven't defined, but that's little enough it won't hurt anything whatever petroleum product it is.

This has been beaten to death, brought back and beaten down again. MMO can be used for a full OCI, however some people don't want to, are afraid to, etc. If that is the case they certainly can use the product as you stated, or add some for the last 1000 miles of the OCI. In a good clean engine a pint for the last 1000 miles will keep it clean. In an engine with unknown history a qt for a full OCI is probably a good idea. Then you can switch to a pint for the last 1000 miles and keep that engine clean. If I use a qt it is usually during the winter, and I'll run it the full OCI. During the year a pint for the last 1000 miles is plenty IMO.

There are some pretty impressive UOA's on the board where MMO was used.

What happens if you have a warranty problem and they see the taletale red tide in the CC fill? Most owners manuals state: DO NOT USE ENGINE OIL ADDITIVES. I'd love to put some in my Toyota for this winter but I cant! Bee-aching aside, I've used it in 1 cup dose on a 5qt sump on older V engines with no problems ... and no cures.

y do u mix mmo and lucas together ? i would not use any thing that have lucas name on it.

There are a quite few people on here who like the Lucas UCL.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
What happens if you have a warranty problem and they see the taletale red tide in the CC fill? Most owners manuals state: DO NOT USE ENGINE OIL ADDITIVES. I'd love to put some in my Toyota for this winter but I cant! Bee-aching aside, I've used it in 1 cup dose on a 5qt sump on older V engines with no problems ... and no cures.

Goes for any additive, or oil that is not API certified, you take your chances. I'm sure there are work arounds. :)

Lucas UCL is a great product. It just isn't at a great price.

Originally Posted By: bepperb
A work around for a problem you created trying to fix another problem that doesn't even exist?

I don't create problems, I try and solve or avoid them. Usually I'm fixing someone elses mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back