best method to add correct amount MMO to your gas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wonder what is best and quick, method to add correct amount of MMO to your gas tank, I use to have Lucas 5.3oz bottle, I use that to add MMO to my gas tank, I lost it, and im way to cheap to buy another lucas bottle
34.gif
, I heard some people use babe bottle, but it would be embrass to use it at the gas station ^^. What your ?

I use a 10oz Welch's Grape Juice bottle. It's has a wide cap and a heavy, milky plastic (different from most other plastic bottles I've seen, maybe a polypropylene blend? recycling mark is "other"). Just measure and mark the 6oz level which works great for my 15g fill-ups.

I go to the art store and buy HDPE bottles with a nipple that opens and closes to seal. The bottles are 8 oz, so it is easy enough to dump in to a big tank, or eyeball based upon what Im buying. Less dosing is better than too much.

I have a gallon bottle of MMO, and then the actual MMO bottles. Sometimes the smaller size MMO bottle is decent for adding, but you have less control. The gallon MMO jugs have an abnormal size spout, so pouring is a real mess.

I use a syringe.

No, I'm not kidding. It's a huge 2-oz. special syringe that I used in late '08 to get subcutaneous fluids into my tuxedo cat Oreo before she passed on. I pour the calculated amount of MMO into a small measuring cup, then go out to the car, remove the needle (which serves as a cap for the syringe), settle the syringe into the tank opening, and slowly pour the MMO in. It takes a few minutes to get the whole dose in.

Afterward I clean up the syringe with soap and water and let it air dry. Must look strange to people, but then I got weird looks when I used the Topsider to drain my oil, too.

After tried many different ways, I am finally using a "clean" method of doing my TCW3.

I just did not throw away the bottles for the fuel injector cleaner, dry gas, or whatever that has a long neck. I fill each bottle in my garage with 3-oz of TCW3 and just keep a few in each car. The empty ones are re-filled and re-used over and over.

Last edited:
I took a clear Red Line Complete fuel system cleaner bottle, made marks with a permanent marker in 2 ounce increments, from 2-14 ounces. I have been using it for a few months now, works great. You can also scratch lines in the bottle every 2 ounces. The Lucas UCL 1 qt bottles are good too, I have 2 empty qt bottles that I've used to measure MMO.

The main thing to consider are that these are chemicals. You do not want to interface with them, smell them, touch them, or introduce them to your body or your environment more than necessary. The way to do so with minimal contact is key...

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
The main thing to consider are that these are chemicals. You do not want to interface with them, smell them, touch them, or introduce them to your body or your environment more than necessary. The way to do so with minimal contact is key...

Good point, which is why the Lucas bottle that holds a qt and has the nipple is a good way to go. Beats filling up a small bottle every time you get gas. The qt bottle lasts several tanks of gas, then gets refilled from a qt bottle of MMO.

just wait until one falls on its side... dont ask me how I know...

Keep those lucas bottles well propped up!

I have the blue plastic tip on my Lucas qt bottle, I've knocked over more than once so far no spills. Maybe I'm just lucky?

The rest of the world drives without any lube so the trip home on diluted MMO won't hurt anything. Fill up on the way home and add everything at home from the additive box in the garage. No strange fuel activity on camera, no explanations for what I'm doing, and no additive stink in the car.

In the beginning I measured to get used to the correct amounts but not any more. Additives don't need to be that accurate. 12 new gallons... about that much! No reason to make additives more difficult for those who are on the fence as to their usefulness.

The additives go into the trunk when I'm on a trip. The Lucas blue caps don't last long in the rough and tumble of the trunk so I stopped using those containers. The original containers are fine with me.

I agree, some members want the pump to mix the chemicals through and like to drop it in at the station for a good mix. As I mentioned earlier on I have LR Fuel System Cleaner bottles with 2 ounce lines marked on them. They have a screw on top. If I plan a long trip I'd fill a few of them up with MMO and screw the tops on.

What the MMO people should do is put the clear indicator along the side of the bottle like the oil qts have, problem solved. Since it is an "additive", I would have thought they'd have figured that out. Oh well, I guess it adds to the cost of the bottle. For those who want to still add the MMO at the gas station, and fear a Lucas bottle popping open, get a cap for the bottle. Cap the bottle, put the nipple on at the station. Problem solved.

Originally Posted By: severach
No strange fuel activity on camera, no explanations for what I'm doing

Do you really worry about other people seeing you adding an additive to your gas?

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

What the MMO people should do is put the clear indicator along the side of the bottle like the oil qts have, problem solved.

Agreed. They also need to fix their screw top to have it close tighter. Darn thing leaks all over. Even Rich Kelly (MMO Techie) admits this.

Originally Posted By: killagt
does it have long neck to fix down fill tank ?

No. My fillers don't have a flap so I just dump it in before the restrictor plate.

Originally Posted By: lipadj46
Originally Posted By: severach
No strange fuel activity on camera, no explanations for what I'm doing

Do you really worry about other people seeing you adding an additive to your gas?

LOL, honestly I don't worry about much. Glad I live in NY because IIRC in Jersey you can't pump your own gas. I don't like people pumping my gas they tend to spill it on the car. I always pump my own gas, and add what ever I plan on adding, usually I look at the camera and smile while doing it. LOL

9oz baby bottle. It is already marked. If I fill it it up all the way to the top, I get 10 oz. Cut the bottom off the Techron bottle to make a funnel. I add mine at the gas station before pumping gas so it gets thoroughly mixed as gas goes in.

I buy MMO by the gallons, then divided it up in 1qt pop bottles, and carry those in a car, so could refill baby bottles.

I've added additives at gas stations and it's fine. Looking normal at the gas station by not was a confluence of many benefits.

I don't worry about the mixing. After an overnight the additive is well mixed. The mixing can't be stopped. Once the engine is started the constant circulation of fuel mixes also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back