MMO full oci?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drained it cold. I always drain my oil cold only because I hate getting burned while doing oil changes. This was definitely thicker than normal.

I always drain it hot, so for me the oil flows out quite fast. My bet is you did some cleaning. If I were to change my oil cold during a NY winter it would take forever to drain it out.

Yeah, from what I've read those 02 town and country vans with the 3.8 v6 have issues with either the pcv valve or the pcv valve hose clogging up and causing sludge...That's my next project, to swap both of those out.

Originally Posted By: Rtstrider
Yeah, from what I've read those 02 town and country vans with the 3.8 v6 have issues with either the pcv valve or the pcv valve hose clogging up and causing sludge...That's my next project, to swap both of those out.
It's the hose routing that is a problem.

I always recommended to our friends/customers etc. that my dad fixed their vehicles for to go to Home-Depot and get some foil tape and some of the foam pipe-wrap. Wrap the hose in the foil tape and then with the pipe-wrap with more foil tape. It looks stupid but it's a quick-easy-cheap fix!

It's the moisture that is trapped in this hose after shut down forms a good because the heat quickly dissipates and in the winter it can freeze and cause the dipstick to shoot out of the hole.

Well the lowest it gets in the winters here are mid to low 30's. Should I still wrap the hose up with the foil tape and foil wrap?

You are just hovering around the freezing point. I would just put the foam pipe wrap around it and and that should be good enough.

Clean out the PCV and the hose with brake cleaner first and some compressed air (if possible) and then reassemble.

Just changed the oil in the 2002 Taurus. MMO is going to be in there for a 3000 OCI.

1 qt MMO
4.5 qts Trop Artic 10w-30
Supertech ST-2 e-core filter
106,000 miles on the car
3.0L 24v DOHC

I've run LC20 in the engine for a couple years now and can still see some stubborn sludge? or carbon? deposits through the filler hole. I'm also interested to see is there is any perceived performance improvement from possible ring cleaning.

Just changed the oil in my Santa Fe with more Amsoil ASL 5w30 after a 6K mile (10K KM) run using MMO in the fuel and I'm waiting to see what effect it has on the oil just running in the fuel. If it's positive then I will consider running it in the oil towards the end of the OCI just before the change is due.

My oil came out black like diesel oil with using MMO in the fuel versus without so I do think there is some cleaning going on and I can't wait to see my UOA come back from Terry Dyson.
grin2.gif

Will keep y'all posted.

I just mixed up a strange brew for my Subaru...

2 Qt's of MC 5w20
1 Qt of Havoline DS 20w50
1 Qt of MMO

Found the 20w50 for .75 at AAP so I had to buy it... I figured that the MMO will reduce it quite a bit.

Planning on 5k or so for the OCI.

Originally Posted By: sw99
I think so. Some people seem to think otherwise...

I believe the MMO is a 5W so if you mixed it with 10W-30 it would take it down to a 5W-30, since you got a quart of 20W-50 this would take a little figuring out, but you will be fine.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
c3po,

How many times you posted today?

LOL.gif

I knew that was coming, I will have to look at my user profile and post it too you in a PM tommorow.

It says 1803 below your name...

You have too much time on your hands Steve, so are you going too put the MMO in your oil, unless you are too busy posting.

LOL.gif
Bite me!
48.gif
J/K

I will have to wait and see what my UOA shows regarding the use of MMO in the fuel and it's effects on my oil. If it shows good then I will do a run with my regular oil choice and dump in some MMO about 1-2K KM (600-1000 miles) before my next OCI to let it clean things up a bit. Then I will do a UOA on that and see what it shows.

I can't wait for my UOA to come back from Terry.
13.gif

LOL.gif
Bite me!
48.gif
J/K

I will have to wait and see what my UOA shows regarding the use of MMO in the fuel and it's effects on my oil. If it shows good then I will do a run with my regular oil choice and dump in some MMO about 1-2K KM (600-1000 miles) before my next OCI to let it clean things up a bit. Then I will do a UOA on that and see what it shows.

I can't wait for my UOA to come back from Terry.
13.gif

You should have no problem waiting, just do what you always do, keep posting, that should keep your mind off Terry Dyson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back