MMO as gentle flush ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to hear the 'torque is back". MMO has been used for decades and has a lot of people that love it. If it were my car I would add the MMO for the last 500-1000 miles of every OCI. Which has been a little hit or miss for me, not anymore!

BTW the SSO and ASM oils from Amsoil are two of their best products.

Good luck!
AD

I would forget about MMO in the oil. Auto-Rx is the only thing that should be added to oil. MMO is good when you have water in cylinders and have some rusting (more likely in marine engines). Then its good to dump some down each cylinder and wait overnight.

The only mystery about MMO is why people continue to use it.

Originally Posted By: Donald
The only mystery about MMO is why people continue to use it.

Why not? Its relatively cheap, makes a decent fuel additive and has some cleaning properties without being too strong like other motor flushes that smell like death.

Well I will continue to use it. I have had good results over the years with it. It has never hurt anything in my engines except the dirt that was gathering there. The oil always comes out dirtier than if I had not used it.

cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: thunderchild
Well I will continue to use it. I have had good results over the years with it. It has never hurt anything in my engines except the dirt that was gathering there. The oil always comes out dirtier than if I had not used it.

cheers3.gif

+1 Good stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back