mixing sodas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a big soda mixer, but I noticed a couple of New Yorkers married to southerners having similar conversations as my wife and I. I was born and raised on Long Island and I LOVE grape soda and orange soda. My wife always asks me if I'm sure I wasn't raised in the south.

Originally Posted By: Stuart Hughes

As a kid I thought one of the world's great treats was an ice cold grape "coke". The main brands here back then were Nu-Grape & Grapette.

These days, I sometimes make my own grape "coke" by mixing a little real grape juice with a good lemon-lime, like Diet Sprite or Mist. Even better than the Grapettes & Nu-Grapes of old!

That's hard to believe, because I too thought those grape drinks were fantastic. I might have to try it though.

Red wine and cola....never heard of that. I'm gonna have to try it, as I'm not fond of the taste of wine.

I really like any 'clear' pop - 7UP, Sprite, GA, mixed with a citrus juice.

Red Wine and Cola is the Shiznit!
thumbsup2.gif

Equal parts Pepsi/Coke, Orange Crush, 7-Up/Sprite, and root beer, with lots of ice, is a drink I loved as a kid and still drink occasionally if I'm in the mood for a Big Gulp. We called it swamp water.

Originally Posted By: rpn453
Equal parts Pepsi/Coke, Orange Crush, 7-Up/Sprite, and root beer, with lots of ice, is a drink I loved as a kid and still drink occasionally if I'm in the mood for a Big Gulp. We called it swamp water.
I did that as a kid... We always begged my mom to take us to 7/11 and we would mix/match and call it Swamp water...
LOL.gif

thanks for the memory!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back