Mitsubishi Pick-Ups. Who & Where???

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Mitsubish now is selling pick-up, again. The VINs start with "1"! Where in the US are these being produced? I stopped by a dealer to look at them and I kept feeling Dodge Dakota overtones?!?! Are these 100% Mistubishi or another company's re-labled goods, like the Isuzu Hombre/Canyon?

Yep.. same 4.7 Litre V-8. Oohhh boy. It came to my suprised that the Japanese girl who I toured with told me that Mitsubishi are unreliable cars in her country. Now I believe her.. Dodge Dakota? come on now. My dad bought a 2005 Dodge Dakota Club Cab with the 4.7 Litre V-8. Im hoping this truck won't give him problems like all Chrysler products he had.

My cousin's husband had one of those Lightning things. It totally fell apart. He had a Ranger before it, a Toyota now.

Willy_G

Thanks HEV! What a hunch! I just looked at them, noticed the engines, suspension, wheels and tires and all I saw was Dakota! Kinda like the days of the old Mighty Max & Ram 50 days? I guess since Hyundai and Mitsu. split, Mitsu. went back to (Diamler)Chrysler? Talk about a fork in the family tree of vehicle lineage - German owned Chrysler is building Japanese trucks in Michigan!

I had a 1989 Mitsu Mighty Max. It was pretty plane, no AC, no power steering, 5 speed, etc. I loved that truck. It was tough. I had it when I was 16-20, before I appreciated things of value. I ended up wrecking it 3 times and actually went about 20-30k miles on Catrol 20w-50. The thing just kept going and going. Only problem I remember was the tranny bearings kept going out, of course I never changed the lube until the bearings were replaced. Sold it with about 180k miles. Last I heard the guy I sold it to still drove it until well after 250k miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.