Mitsubishi best selling brand in NZ

Like Mobil 1 because its loud and causes high iron? Or Pennzoil because it contains wax? Or Fram filters because they are total junk that will ruin your engine? Or how all CVT's are trash? Or how direct injection is evil? Or how thin oils will ruin your engine?

My point being people parrot things they've heard over and over with little fact. But of course my statement was a generalization. Plenty of members here are actually interested in learning.
You make great points.
Then we have people that would die on the sword protecting junk brands because they are easily available and cheap.

Like Mobil 1 because its loud and causes high iron? Or Pennzoil because it contains wax? Or Fram filters because they are total junk that will ruin your engine? Or how all CVT's are trash? Or how direct injection is evil? Or how thin oils will ruin your engine?

My point being people parrot things they've heard over and over with little fact. But of course my statement was a generalization. Plenty of members here are actually interested in learning.
It's called-"Drinking the Kool Aid" on here. I don't drink the Kool-Aid on BITOG. Consequently-my views are not popular-nor do I post for "LIKES".

That's interesting, Mitsu doesn't sell much stuff here in the US anymore. My parents had a few Monteros. All V6 4x4, a '90 and a '94 w/ a 3.0 V6, and an '00 Montero, and an '04 Montero sport, both with the 3.5 V6. The '00 was the worst quality, by far, but it had the nicest interior. I think our first one could be washed out with a garden hose. They were all reasonably reliable, but the '00 had all kinds of peripheral problems - sunroof, windows, brakes, and more smoking than the earlier models. The '00 also got really bad gas mileage compared to the others without much performance gain - it felt much heavier and was low to the ground compared to the others. The transmission also flared between the one-two shift when cold, but it never failed. The first one felt nimble and truly off-road capable (it was). The Y2K montero I wouldn't take off-road. I had a 3000 GT VR4 as a company car for a while, It was great, but it was totaled before 15K miles. Not the car's fault, and I wasn't in it when it was totaled.

A friend has a few year old Outlander, it seems decent, but it isn't something that I would buy.

Tooling around in a LE Sport this week @AutoMechanic. Was right. Enjoying not stepping on the brake to start the car because it has no push button. Great for oil changes when you don't want to sit in the car to start it.

They come off as industrial with a great warranty but the price may kill them with the VW Taos that can be had in FWD for $25k

They are solid, well-built and affordable cars that tend to be quite reliable.

I can't speak about rust, since that's a problem we don't have here, but there's a ton of Mitsubishis on the road, some of them going way back over 25 years.

My son in law recently sold a Mitsu Triton pickup a few months ago (they live in AUS). The few times I've been in the truck I was really impressed on how well it handled and rode.

Back