Milwaukee 2696-24 18v Li-ion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just purchased this 4 piece combo kit from my local Home Depot. My last cordless drill died over a year ago and it was a cheap Kawasaki beater that lasted about 1.5 yrs.

Needless to say I am ASTONISHED at the power and torque these cordless 18V Li-ion tools can make. 120 ft/lbs torque with the impact driver!

I am very pleased with my purchase and will be adding the 4 1/2 angle grinder and the 6 1/2 circular saw.

I narrowed my options to Makita or Milwaukee. I feel I got more bang for my buck with Milwaukee.

RL

You should be able to remove lug nuts with that impact driver
smile.gif

Is this the kit that has the sawzall and the flashlight?

I have to agree with you. I had the chance of testing a Milwaukee cordless drill and nothing comes close to it from brands like Makita, Bosch or Stanley when it comes to build quality and performance. Too bad they are hard co come by in Europe and they are expensive as [censored]

18v Li-ion tools are the best! I have a Makita impact, drill, and a grinder and they are a heck of a lot better than the older 18v battery tools. I still have an older Makita drill, sawzall, and a flashlight and have no complaints with them either. I never have used any of the newer Milwaukee cordless tools, but if they are anything like the corded ones, youll be very pleased.

Originally Posted By: hate2work

You should be able to remove lug nuts with that impact driver
smile.gif

Is this the kit that has the sawzall and the flashlight?

Yes it will remove lug nuts and yes it contains the drill, impact driver, light, and sawzall.

The other 4 pc combo kit is the drill, light, sawzall, and circular saw.

RL

The only thing I don't like about my 12v Lion drill is that the darn thing just completely stops when it's out of juice. No warning whatsoever, it just quits. Are they all like that?

Originally Posted By: Vikas
How much did you pay for the combo kit?

At my local HD for $399

The only thing I don't like about my 12v Lion drill is that the darn thing just completely stops when it's out of juice. No warning whatsoever, it just quits. Are they all like that?

Most of them are. No warning, just poop out. Milwaukee's M18 version (their latest) has battery meters on them. You push a small button on the front of the battery and there is 4 little lights that light up. 4 full lights = full charge, 1 light = 25% charge remaining, or something along those lines.

I have Makita 18v Li-ion tools, and theyre the same way. The li-ions last alot longer, and are more powerful but, when they go down - they go down quick!

Last edited:
Most lithium chargers let you keep the battery on it forever but even better, you can keep the battery off the charger and it will retain the charge for months. They also charge reasonably quick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back