3/8” Dr Cordless Ratchet: Snap On CTR867 vs. Milwaukee 2569-20

IMG_3715.jpeg

I now own both. I just received the Snap-On yesterday, but was able to put it to some use. My initial observations:

- Snap-On is noticeably heavier and noisier than the Milwaukee.
- Snap-On’s housing does not flex when you use it to manually break fasteners loose. Then again, Snap-On does advertise “158 ft-lbs of manual torque” for this purpose. Milwaukee doesn’t officially support using their tool as a manual ratchet.
- Snap On has more power but spins slower, but that was expected - and I specifically purchased it for the additional power. Snap On has 60 ft lbs/275 RPM vs. Milwaukee’s 35 ft lbs/450 RPM.
- Snap On ergonomics are better, at least for me. The size of the housing (and grip) are a better fit for my hands.
- I am indifferent on the switch. I recognize that this is a hot topic, but the Milwaukee paddle does not bother me.
- Light. Snap On has a neat ring of lights to light up your work area, but I find them to be of limited value.
- Cost. On paper, Milwaukee has a serious advantage. But if you look around, you can buy the full Snap On Kit (with 2 batteries and a charger) for the same price as buying the Milwaukee ratchet, two cp 2.5 batteries and a charger a la carte.
- Warranty. Milwaukee has a serious advantage - 5 yr vs. Snap On’s 1 yr. However, Snap On does have an out-of-warranty rebuild program; $135 flat-rate gets you a full overhaul.

I have Snappy cordless ratchets, Dad has Milwaukee. Snapons warranty may only be a year but im at over 3 of daily use with no issues, and I often grab em by the battery to break bolts loose, both 1/4 and 3/8. I much prefer the snapon ratchets to the milwaukee especially in 1/4 as the head is smaller. The snapons as you say do fit in my hand much better than the Milwaukees and I do prefer the button trigger

Thanks for the review. I’ve never liked Snap-on power tools but it’s good to hear your thoughts. In my opinion they are seriously underpowered I’ve used both and own all Milwaukee power tools for that reason because Snap-on and Mac aren’t any good. Matco is but way overpriced so Milwaukee is perfect for me. The trigger on either one doesn’t bother me but I do like the longer one so I can hold it wherever I need.

The Milwaukee grip is a bit too big even for my relatively large hands.

I’ve not had an issue with using the Milwaukee to loosen something. If it’s a bolt i know will be tight I’ll probably use a real tool anyway. The electric ratchet is really just a time saver.

I’m not compelled to switch especially since Milwaukee has so many other tools. I did see a lot of snap on guns being used by Elite Motorsports this weekend, but also a lot of DeWalt and Milwaukee.

D5AC40B8-8066-463E-A0C2-A3024565272E.jpeg

In my truck shop we use a lot of snap on battery, pneumatic, and hand tools. They are well liked by me, and my employees.
While I don't own a single Milwaukee tool, enjoyed the comparison, thanks for posting it.

Back