Ordering a Milwaukee M12 impact, 1/2 or 3/8?

Originally Posted by Lenny5160
Originally Posted by michaelluscher

I have exactly 0 use for the 2553-20 1/4 inch hex impact driver
Anyone want a good deal on a brand new one
wink.gif

It's still in the plastic, PM me

I never knew what I'd use an impact driver for until I got one in a package deal with a 1/2" impact wrench. I now have 3 of them and they are my favorite tools along with my electric ratchet.

I'd urge you to get a bit set such as this, which I own and has a versatile selection, and give it a try for a while:

Makita Bit Set

Most of the time I have a 3/8" socket adapter or a Phillips screwdriver bit on it. So many uses. My buddy's Milwaukee Fuel impact driver will do lug nuts on his 48' car trailer with a 1/2" socket adapter. He does have the impact wrench also but wanted to test the power.

I'm intrigued

I'm also curious, can anyone explain the difference between an impact driver vs an impact wrench?

I purchased a smaller and medium size milwaukee 1/2 inch impact set and like using 1/2 inch sockets for everything. I do own 3/8 cordless ratchets as well.
The two half inch milwaukees work well as I often run two different size sockets and leave one on each impact.
I dont ever use less than 5 amp hour batteries. And often run bigger.

The smaller half inch is very nice as its lighter to use a lot. The huge impacts can just tire you out too easily.

Back