Milk: do you drink it?

Do not overlook what Shannow wrote above about cholesterol and atherosclerosis.

IMO, if dairy milk agrees with you - you have no problem with lactose or casein - then enjoy it.
Ice cold full cream milk is like icecream to me, no need for extra sugar and additives.
But like anything, too much of a good thing is not good anymore.
Milk naturally contains a significant amount of sugar that adds up.
And there are valid concerns about some qualities of our mass produced milk.

I DRINK unsweetened almond milk.

I MAKE yogurt from whole cow's milk. Best yogurt I ever have tasted. Super easy in the InstantPot. Start with a mellow yogurt starter and you will be amazed. Very healthy.

CDB28C3A-0866-4A01-826B-C488119EEB45.jpeg

Just got some. I can’t wait to hear my dad yell at me over it when he gets home 😆. He won’t drink whole milk.

I used to drink tons of milk when I was younger. I switched to unsweetened Almond milk because it has a way fewer calories. Then I found that out the cow's milk isn't good for humans.

Kids drink 2% organic, wife drink non organic fat free. I just use whatever for cereal, and prefer the taste of soy milk (lightly sweetened). I'm ok with almond milk but I dislike oat milk unless it is with oat based cereals.

I drink my coffee black.

By the gallon. Can't imagine life without it. Just had a glass of milk with a slice of pumpkin pie.

I keep waiting for the FDA or some trade group to file a truth in advertising complaint against companies that market soy, rice, almond, and other alternative products as "milk". They aren't. Seems like such a deception, putting them in the same class as actual milk products.
I won't disagree with you. They are all different and I do like soy milk better than cows milk.

By the gallon. Can't imagine life without it. Just had a glass of milk with a slice of pumpkin pie.

I keep waiting for the FDA or some trade group to file a truth in advertising complaint against companies that market soy, rice, almond, and other alternative products as "milk". They aren't. Seems like such a deception, putting them in the same class as actual milk products.
Your wait may be over soon. The FDA is considering to allow the term milk only for the dairy product. I wonder if I can get them to declare banana bread et al to be more appropriately labeled as cake.

Your wait may be over soon. The FDA is considering to allow the term milk only for the dairy product. I wonder if I can get them to declare banana bread et al to be more appropriately labeled as cake.
So what would they call these soy almond oat cashew "milk" in the future?

Will it be like how restaurants ask you what 'protein' you like with your burritos or what 'me ma' you want with your school lunch (meat, meat alternative)?

Get used to the term 'we need a cleanup in the protein asile' or other slogan like "It's not milk, milk is for baby" in the future.

I think these label games are going to just turn them into free for all.

Back