Milk: do you drink it?

No cow or soy or almond milk since developing allergies to them about 10 years back.

Rice milk, and now oat milk IF I drink anything at all.

Almond or soy milk only with cereal. I'm lactose intolerant so I can't have regular dairy anymore than a cheeseburger.

By the gallon. Can't imagine life without it. Just had a glass of milk with a slice of pumpkin pie.

I keep waiting for the FDA or some trade group to file a truth in advertising complaint against companies that market soy, rice, almond, and other alternative products as "milk". They aren't. Seems like such a deception, putting them in the same class as actual milk products.

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Good Morning BITOGERS
smile.gif

I do drink real milk; delivered every Monday to my apartment. I get a half gallon 2% in glass bottle and a half gallon of buttermilk for $4. There is a $2/bottle deposit so it works out great.

The farm is maybe 7mikes from me
smile.gif

What kind of milk do you drink?

ANY kind I can get my hands on!
That old wives tale about not being able to drink a gallon of milk in 5 minutes or less, bring your money and you will soon be parted with it! I GUARANTEE IT! (In my best Cajun voice)
banana2.gif

Originally Posted by benjy
YES i drink whole RAW milk the only kind that should be consumed if at all + raw goat milk i never tried may be better.

Can you fill us in on why regular whole milk (not talking about the lower fat stuff) sold in stores is bad for you but raw is good.

Is it pasteurization, homogenization or some other difference that I'm not seeing between the two?

Originally Posted by SeaJay
Originally Posted by benjy
YES i drink whole RAW milk the only kind that should be consumed if at all + raw goat milk i never tried may be better.

Can you fill us in on why regular whole milk (not talking about the lower fat stuff) sold in stores is bad for you but raw is good.

Is it pasteurization, homogenization or some other difference that I'm not seeing between the two?

I guess it's like the differance between eating sushi and a McDonalds Filet-O-Fish. Consuming raw products carries some risk, but is minor as their proponents argue.

Originally Posted by Malo83
Almond milk for me and the wife, stomach can't handle real milk.
31.gif

Sound like you need to get your gut beni-bac rebalanced.

Try a good yoghurt once a week over a month then try moving some milk in to the diet.

Having your gut out of balance will cause all kinds of health issue.

I don't drink milk any more. Not sure if my system can handle it--there was this potato soup at work the other day, tasted like it had a cream base to it, and I didn't feel normal for a couple of days. Not real digestive upset but off all the same. Being middle age I'm not sure I need milk anymore: depending on what source I read, I get enough calcium from other foods and as a middle aged male I shouldn't have too much calcium anyhow.
21.gif
Depends on what quack you want to read, I guess.

I put it in coffee and will eat it with cereal and I love it with cookies. My wife buys some organic milk at Whole Foods that comes in a glass bottle. I love it.

A few years ago my stepson went to college WAY upstate and there was a huge dairy in that town. All of the milk and cheese up there was spectacular.
Too bad its six hours away.

Only almond/coconut/cashew milk. Never liked normal milk, personally. Even as a kid with cereal, I would drain all the milk from my spoon with each bite, haha.

But as an ingredient in something else, such as ice cream, yum. Just never straight.

Last edited:
From today's news feed, just in case anyone thinks that cholesterol is nothing to worry about and a scam orchestrated by the medical industry to get us to perform more blood tests and take more pills.

HOUSTON — Ancient mummies provide valuable insight into the lives of our ancestors, and now new research shows that cholesterol and heart disease may have plagued early societies as much as humans today. An analysis of mummified remains performed at the University of Texas Health Science Center reveals that the arteries of people living during the late Chincorro era were much more clogged than originally thought.

Originally Posted by SeaJay
From today's news feed, just in case anyone thinks that cholesterol is nothing to worry about and a scam orchestrated by the medical industry to get us to perform more blood tests and take more pills.

HOUSTON — Ancient mummies provide valuable insight into the lives of our ancestors, and now new research shows that cholesterol and heart disease may have plagued early societies as much as humans today. An analysis of mummified remains performed at the University of Texas Health Science Center reveals that the arteries of people living during the late Chincorro era were much more clogged than originally thought.

Sounds like a scam to me--it's nothing new, and there's nothing we can do about it, since those guys in ancient times lived the ideal lifestyle (lots of unprocessed foods and lots of exercise).
grin.gif

To be a bit more serious, I sometimes wonder just how active people in old times really were. They might have been "always" on the move but walking isn't that great of an aerobic exercise. You know, getting the heart going and keeping it up there. Also I've read that our health started going down when we figured out agriculture and stopped having a varied diet. Today we can shop around at the store and all, but I do wonder if high reliance on grains isn't part of our problem, and always was (pure speculation on my part, and I'm not on any sort of low carb diet either).

Highest Cholesterol levels have the lowest all cause mortality.

Artheroscleoris is highly linked to elevated insulin levels...pre-diabetese...

If the ruling god-class were eating mucho carbs, cakes, and sweets...you'd see it there.

Back