Mid-Sized SUV...w/Comfortable Seats?

The other option is to get a separate adjustable lumbar pillow that she can use anywhere.

One thing that helps my back are heated seats. Something else to consider.

The heated seats in my Tucson help my lower back to relax. I have used them on low in the summer.
I recommend that you look into a Hyundai SantaFe. They have adjustable lumbar and seat heat. The car is widely rated as very comfy. And reasonably priced. It will be my next car.

Last edited:
Are you sure about the Sorentos? I have a 2019 Sorento S, which is not the top of the line, and the drivers seat has lumbar support.

Are you sure about the Sorentos? I have a 2019 Sorento S, which is not the top of the line, and the drivers seat has lumbar support.
Yes on drivers seat for the models listed...we are looking for the same adjustment options for the front passenger seat. She doesn’t “always” want to drive...Ha!

Yes on drivers seat for the models listed...we are looking for the same adjustment options for the front passenger seat. She doesn’t “always” want to drive...Ha!
OK. Can't help you there. Never looked for lumbar on passenger seat. Someone must have it though.

You're going to have to try the seats. Just too many differences for people. I find my Mercedes seats pretty comfortable but I've read on the forums where some people love them and others hate them. Probably more dependent on body size and the adjustments you make to the seats. Mine has the massage feature and also all sorts of adjustments where it even extends the front of the seat. Even has the air bladder in the side which inflates when you're taking a corner, I don't bother with that though and just shut it off.

Lumbar support on the passenger side is not common. Luxury cars can be equipped that way and so can GM full size suvs, I’m pretty sure the Ford Expy and Explorer can also be equipped with passenger lumbar.

The aftermarket has various lumbar seat covers that secure to the headrest posts. Why not try one of these?

I just checked. The Ford Explorer can be equipped with power passenger lumbar support in the XLT trim with an optional package. Power passenger lumbar support is standard on the Limited and higher trims.

i have a bad back.i bought a new hyundai santafe in 2020
it has an electric lumber subport and i just push a button
if i feel uncomortable and all is well.

Santa Fe is a compact, not midsize.
i have a bad back.i bought a new hyundai santafe in 2020
it has an electric lumber subport and i just push a button
if i feel uncomortable and all is well.

Back