Microsoft Windows Sucks, too bloated get it right!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have been using Linux for a very long time, like the multiple different flavors.

MS has been pos since Vista imo. Don't care for it any more. Removed the Windows partition and running straight Xubuntu on the laptop. Nice and lightweight with 16GB RAM with intel i7.

Makes software development process so much faster. Life is good

I do have a VM of Windows but only use it when I need Microsoft Office programs.

Last edited:
Ummmm, OK. Yes MS is horrible - probably the worst OS out there that is curently being sold/distributed with recurring updates/upgrades.

But its also ubiquitous, and with a little common sense and defense, works well enough.

Ive long said that Apple products have lower lifecycle costs than MS. It appears that IBM now agrees with me:

http://www.computerworld.com/article/299...-money-ibm.html

And I suspect that a well-selected DIY desktop with a variety of flavors of Linux would also be excellent.

As a turnkey system, MS works well. It doesnt work as well over time, and Ive personally found that Ive turned over PCs faster than Mac computers. That is one avenue to consider... amongst many...

I dont disagree, my rant was simply a reaction to yet another frustrating experience with Microsoft, Im not saying Apple is any better, not taking sides.
I have always been an ok proponent of MS, but gosh, you would think, here we are, decades later that the upgrade experience would be better.

Anyway, ironically, the last computer in our house just got upgraded to Win 10 yesterday, my wife's desktop, that since last year could not be updated according to MS due to an outdated video driver that, the maker of the card was not going to update, will I guess they did, because for the heck of it, my wife clicked and the computer upgraded to WIN10.

With that said, Hotmail/Outlook/Live mail is a freaking mess right now. After all the latest upgrade MS did, the mail boxes load slow as heck, not just at home, office, everywhere and asks the same retarded questions about opening the first mail when logging on.

Im pretty experienced with computers and have been for 2 decades now, as well as changing mother boards, hard drives, numerous websites etc. I do have some validity to my complaints. *L*

One thing I have NO knowledge of is Linux but very interested, in fact after reading some helpful posts in here,
I happen to realize I have an older computer that I dont use, along with a good monitor that has been sitting near me unpowered for over a year, been meaning to throw it out after I made sure their were no unbacked up family photos on it.
I can put a copy of mint on, its old in the computer sense of the word, 2007, but its a sturdy, at the time, well spec'd HP business type desktop. IN fact it was a "work" computer way more then a family computer while I had it in service.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Jonzobot
I'll take this opportunity to suggest Linux: It's free, open source, community-developed software and much, much less resource-intensive than either Windows or Mac. Ubuntu or Mint are good, friendly first-time user distributions. I am currently writing this on a 10 year old Thinkpad laptop and it runs just as smoothly as any new computer.

I have been running linux for better than 10 yers.....However...the only reason that I have been able to is that my son is a computer architect and has been using a number ofj platforms in the last 20 years.

If Linux crashes..which it can...I am powerless to deal with it. I realize this is bc the way the system is segmented, wich obviously makes it difficult to hack. I am not stupid (some here would disagree with that) If I lost the support my son gives me. I would be forced to to with Aple, I guess.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
... The fact that machines slow down after years of use indicates something is fundamentally wrong.

iOS and Android slow down over time too as they are updated.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back