Microsoft Office - Buy Subscription?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you work for a large company that has licenses with microsoft check and see if your company has a home use program if yes then you may be able to get office quite cheap about $10 for use at home.

Originally Posted by JustinH
If you have an ebay account you can get an office pro plus license for like ten bucks. ....

And six months later that license will be invalid when Microsoft catches on to the scheme.
lol.gif

john_pifer, others have given good alternatives to the Microsoft suite.

But if you really must have the Microsoft applications then IMO the choice between a computer license vs a subscription (Office 365) depends on whether you can make good use of the on-line features that come with the Office 365 subscription. Among other things you get an ad-free email address and 1 TB storage for OneDrive. That OneDrive storage, if you need it, makes the subscription worth the asking price.

That said, if I must use Microsoft Office, I prefer the older versions from a decade ago. They do everything I need with less bloat, and without the counterproductive UI changes Microsoft has been making in recent years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back