microgaurd cut open, but?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i got the a couple of pics i took where i cut open a microgaurd oil filter but i cant figure out how to get the darn pic up

Originally Posted By: Petrou
ok i got the a couple of pics i took where i cut open a microgaurd oil filter but i cant figure out how to get the darn pic up

The pics need to be uploaded to someplace (ie, Photobucket, etc) then linked to in your post.

Hmmmm. Looks like an STP/AC Delco to me.
I looked at some Microguard recently and they appeared to be Purolator nowadays, unless they were old stock.

0423091906a.jpg

0423091906.jpg

thats what i thought it looked like purolator to me, the pic was taken with my cell, but the whole casing for the filter itself was metal top and metal bottom, metal center, and i could not get the filter apart without some tooling. so well constructed good filter for 3.49

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Looks like a Purolator to me. Media looks good and intact.
+1 Looks very similar to a Premium Plus, now called Classic, I guess. When I was in O'Reilly counter guy said it was a Purolator.

Like to know if the media is the same length as the PP. AAP total grip is slightly, less media. Please don't be offended anyone, but given the choice between a Fram Orange Can and a Puro or clone( Micro, AAP) no contest for me.
27.gif

Thanks for posting the pic and GA for helping. Might sound crazy, but I really enjoy looking at them.
banana2.gif

Is that a base loaded bypass valve????

Last edited:
dome end vs. open end bypass valve. The notion is that there will be silt in the filter or some media "wash down" upon start up. Ford's engine division is totally anal about it for the OEM and OEM aftermarket filters. Others, not so much.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
dome end vs. open end bypass valve. The notion is that there will be silt in the filter or some media "wash down" upon start up. Ford's engine division is totally anal about it for the OEM and OEM aftermarket filters. Others, not so much.
Just curious, can you tell by looking at the pics if the MicroG is a dome or open end bypass? I believe the Puro Premium Plus is dome.

You convinced me a while ago on some of your MC oil filter posts that it's no big deal.

If you have holes in the flat bottom of the closed end "end cap" ..then it's a dome end bypass valve.

Here's what open end bypass valves look like. In this image, one is integrated and one is modular.

M-1 left, WIX or NAPA Gold right...right?
01.gif

All the Purolators I've seen (lately) have oval inlet holes in the base. That's why I thought maybe it was a STP/Delco (new) style.

Rob

One of those is M1 (which I think has the removable bypass valve) and the other is an EaO filter.

"Some" Wix have the dome end bypass. Most that I've seen, do not.

"Some" Wix have the dome end bypass. Most that I've seen, do not.

Gary, thanks for clarification. Many people say Wix is base end as shown on their website.

But the few I've looked at have it in dome (eg. MC FL-820S eq.). If fact I have not seen a base end bypass on a Wix filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back