Michelin tires

Switched from Continental (DWS-06+) to Michelin (PS4AS and now CC2). I don't mind spending an extra $50-75 a tire, given that they're the only thing touching asphalt; an extra $160 for significantly better tires amortized over 2+ years is a zero-neuron-required decision.

That said, Michelin makes 0 tires I'm interested in for my truck (their "all-terrain" tires are just overhyped pavement queens); Cooper and Falken all the way there.

Our car came with the Continental ProContact rubber. I cannot say if all Teslas use them; probably not?
I’ve seen “EV” tires on the Tire Rack lately, maybe the harmonics are tuned differently?
Honda puts these noise cancellation chambers inside the wheels. This one is off an Accord, stamped with “215hz”.
IMG_0024.jpeg

Michelin makes some very good tires. There are some outliers in the brand. I currently have Michelin on both of my vehicles. Will I replace with more Michelin tires? For my F-150, absolutely not. For the Tiguan, it’s a possibility. The F-150 will be getting Falken, Continental, or Toyo.

Replaced the CR-Vs stock Bridgestone Crapecopia with Defenders at 22k due to the Crapecopia tires wearing and sounding horrible. CR-V now has 55k on it and the Defenders don't even look like they've worn yet. Just had their 5th rotate and balance done two weekends ago at Costco.

lol, they’re the ones I have on my aforementioned accord hybrid. I’ve been most pleased!! I have a decent mix of around town plus 150-ish mile each way road trips in all conditions. I’ve always been happy with them.
Me too!
I liked the OEMs well enough that I spent the money to replace them with same.
Good in all conditions and very long wearing.

These are the best tires I’ve ever had on my 17” Audi and wanted them for my 17” ram but their tech said these were as close as I can get for a truck
IMG_2538.jpeg
IMG_2537.jpeg
IMG_2535.jpeg
IMG_2536.jpeg
IMG_2508.jpeg

Both sets of snows are Michelin:
RAM: Latitude X-ice Xi2
SRT: X-ice snow SUV

Truck has Conti's for summer rubber now, been very pleased with those, Jeep still has the OE Pirelli P-Zero's, waffling between the Conti DWS 06 Plus and the PSAS4 to replace those. The Michelin is 3lbs lighter per tire :unsure:

I’ve run the LTX m/s on my truck. If I didn’t want a more aggressive looking tire I’d still be running them.

Running the Defender 2’s on the family SUV currently.

Not sure here b/c you just say "Michelin" without a specific tire mentioned. Yes, Michelin is a premium brand and makes excellent tires that can last a long time depending on the model. Personally, I've never had a tire in my life that was kept more than 45K miles, at that point (3-4 years) I want new tires even if they have tread left above ~4/32" as the rubber ages and you aren't getting the full performance. I realize ther are 80K mile tires out there, I've never bought/owned Michelin tires like that. The Pirellis on my Atlas are that way (70K I think?) so will see if they go the distance/last tires I need on that vehicle. For Michelins, I have the PSAS4s on both of my VWs. They are by far the best all season tires I've ever owned and I always say, if you can't send it on a public road on these, save the money on tires and take an instructed track weekend...it's not the tires. They are only a bit off a summer tire w/r to performance in my experience and there are professional tire reviews out there suggesting the same backed with lap times/stopping distance data. Bonus, if you don't live here you get significant snow, they work just fine in the winter too/occasional light snow. I even used them on the track a few times (good rain tire).

APR wheels.jpg
20240213_125838.jpg

I'm currently running the Pilot Sport 5

I haven't had any problems with longevity and performance degradation; in an environment where the average tire life is no longer than 3-4 years, I've had Michelin products last for 7 years.

Was surprised at first after reading your post.

The tread depth of the pilot sport 5's are at 6-7/32 after one season of use, ~6000miles.

Thought to myself I'll only get 2 years or 12000 miles out of these as I'm used to seeing new tires come with 10-12/32.

Looks like this model is 9/32 when new so the wear is normal.

Did not know this -
Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 10.05.43 AM.jpg

I’ll get crucified here but just my experience…. The Goodyears (OEM) were quiet compared to the new Michelins. I’m sure they will last longer than 48k but I don’t like the noise.

Back