Michelin tires

Anyone else have these tires which are great at first but never last? Just went to a set of Falken as I am done with bogus reviews that never seem to relate to my use.

I am running Pilot Sport All Season 4 on the TSX and Pliot Sport 4S on the GS.
If I keep the Model 3 long enough I will likely use Michelins, even thought the Contis are great rubber.

No more Bridgestones for me...

I am running Pilot Sport All Season 4 on the TSX and Pliot Sport 4S on the GS.
If I keep the Model 3 long enough I will likely use Michelins, even thought the Contis are great rubber.

No more Bridgestones for me...
I’m not thrilled with the LTX M/S on my F150, they have a very harsh impact profile to the stock Toyos. But the other Michelins I’ve had have been above average.

I’ve been smitten with the 6-7 sets of Conti’s I’ve had, plus they’re generally 80% the cost of Michelin.

I’m not thrilled with the LTX M/S on my F150, they have a very harsh impact profile to the stock Toyos. But the other Michelins I’ve had have been above average.

I’ve been smitten with the 6-7 sets of Conti’s I’ve had, plus they’re generally 80% the cost of Michelin.
I put a set on Contis on my friend Mani's 2019 CR-V EX-L replacing the stock rubber. Unbelievable difference. I was blown away at the difference. I am sold.

The opposite actually, I tend to age out tires, even on daily drivers. I have 83k miles on my OE Michelins on my accord hybrid and they’re maybe 50% worn. But as discussed in the other thread, they age out, so off they’ll go later this year I think…

The only bad experience that I’ve had with Michelin were with the Energy Saver A/S. They were down to 3/32” by 38,000 miles. The wet weather handling was awful. They weren’t all that good in the dry.
lol, they’re the ones I have on my aforementioned accord hybrid. I’ve been most pleased!! I have a decent mix of around town plus 150-ish mile each way road trips in all conditions. I’ve always been happy with them.

lol, they’re the ones I have on my aforementioned accord hybrid. I’ve been most pleased!! I have a decent mix of around town plus 150-ish mile each way road trips in all conditions. I’ve always been happy with them.
Good for you. I hated them. I replaced them with Hankook Ventus S1Noble2. The Hankook tires were better in every category.
I do have Michelin tires on the F-150 and Tiguan. They both perform well.

Good for you. I hated them. I replaced them with Hankook Ventus S1Noble2. The Hankook tires were better in every category.
I do have Michelin tires on the F-150 and Tiguan. They both perform well.
How long did the Hankook last compared to the energy savers?

I have not bought a Michelin tire as a replacement tire ever. I find them to be overly expensive for what you get. Continental is my go to brand, with second and third choices being Nitto and Nokian.
I replaced the OE Bridgestone HL422 plus tires on our Tiguan with Michelin Defender T&H. They are pretty good tires. I put the Bridgestone HL 422 plus in the same category as the Michelin Energy Saver A/S. When the time come to replace the tires on the F-150, it won’t be with Michelin. I’m not paying $300 per tire.

The only bad experience that I’ve had with Michelin were with the Energy Saver A/S. They were down to 3/32” by 38,000 miles. The wet weather handling was awful. They weren’t all that good in the dry.
I pulled those at 40k - worn and chipping
More pleased with Cooper after them

I'm a fanboy as all 3 cars have them, and 1/2 snow tires are also them. 4 sets of Michelins currently. I'd say the snow tires are not very good, but the Pilot Super Sports, Pilot Sport AS4's are. Premier LTX are so-so, the currents started at 10/32". The prior set started at 8.5/32" and they lasted 43k, and were replaced under warranty pro-rata.

Is there a premium for the name? Sure. Are they a status symbol? Yes. How much better are they? A little. Sometimes, we have to pay to be cool. Both the Michelin man and the Stay Puft marshmallow man are childhood heroes. :ROFLMAO:

Anyone else have these tires which are great at first but never last? Just went to a set of Falken as I am done with bogus reviews that never seem to relate to my use.
What is your benchmark for a "lasting" tire? Michelin Defender are benchmark for long lasting and KEEPING performance. Most tires that last a long time lose performance very fast. I do not need tire that looks brand new after some time and in wet behave like pair of skis.

My Michelins have all lived up to expectation for me. Really, every tire I've bought has done about what reviews say it will. Except Nokian. Those were trash. I submitted a factual, profanity-free, comparison brand-free 1 star review to Nokian's site that was never published or included in the ratings. So now I know what's up, lol!

I'm currently running the Pilot Sport 5, Primacy 4+ and Primacy XC All-Terrain in 3 different applications. Considering they're owned by Michelin, I guess I can list my BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 as well.

I haven't had any problems with longevity and performance degradation; in an environment where the average tire life is no longer than 3-4 years, I've had Michelin products last for 7 years. The best Michelin I've had, IMO, was the Latitude Cross; had them for 8 years and 91,890 km (57,431 mi) with regular rotations every 10,000 km (6,250 mi) and pressure checks every month. They did get a bit noisy towards the end of their life cycle, but that was it. It's a shame they are no longer available, so I replaced them with the BFG's.

Back