Michelin A/S3+ or Conti DWS06

I have a set of DWS06s on my 17 Charger Daytona, I upgraded to a 275/40/20 from the stock 245/45/20, I have run 1 autocross and 1 track day at Brainard International Raceway on the 3.1 mile Donnybrook course where I hit a top speed of 132mph. I'm very happy with these tires, more grip and they ride better than the stock Goodyear RSA2s, I do not have any issues with turn in, I was amazed at the grip compared to stock at both track events, very hard to hit the limits on the street. 50131611661_4450ea4790_o(1).jpg

I’m glad you like the dws06. I wanted to. They rode so well and were in general very quiet. And they looked good. I switched to potenza 980s and found they provided a much more communicative road feel, and were a bit more direct. My car is set up pretty isolated, and that may not have been good for the conti’s.... but as it was I couldn’t find any precision in controlling the vehicle when pushed. I’m sure the charger communicates better with the driver than the Lexus gs.

m

I have a set of DWS06s on my 17 Charger Daytona, I upgraded to a 275/40/20 from the stock 245/45/20, I have run 1 autocross and 1 track day at Brainard International Raceway on the 3.1 mile Donnybrook course where I hit a top speed of 132mph. I'm very happy with these tires, more grip and they ride better than the stock Goodyear RSA2s, I do not have any issues with turn in, I was amazed at the grip compared to stock at both track events, very hard to hit the limits on the street.View attachment 25992

Honestly, not hard to do better than the RSA, they are a terrible tire I have found. So vague. I do find the runflat version quite a bit better though, but that is the nature of a runflat, much stiffer sidewall.

Back