Mice getting into the garage

On a overhead garage door the junction of where the side weatherstrip meets the garage floor and garage door bottom seal there seems to be a gap large enough for a mouse to get in. Or a mouse chews just enough of the vinyl weatherstrip to make a mouse size gap.

What to people put there to eliminate the gap and keep them mouses out.

How about a few mouse traps on each end of the doors on the outside? With a nice piece of moldy cheese that smells like dirty feet. They'll head straight for it. Because they're trying to get in, in order to look for food in the first place.

Once they grab the cheese they will have too many other problems to worry about, besides chewing through weather stripping. Which tends to be more difficult with a broken neck.

On a overhead garage door the junction of where the side weatherstrip meets the garage floor and garage door bottom seal there seems to be a gap large enough for a mouse to get in. Or a mouse chews just enough of the vinyl weatherstrip to make a mouse size gap.

What to people put there to eliminate the gap and keep them mouses out.
Get a cat or replace the damaged and worn weatherstripping under the door. Mice can get through openings you are not even aware of.

It looks like there are some cheap ones made by Xtruder that are not wide enough and fall off. Bad reviews on Amazon.

Maybe I can find a similar concept but made well.

Get a cat or replace the damaged and worn weatherstripping under the door. Mice can get through openings you are not even aware of.
The Michigan certified vertebrate control certification test I just renewed claims mice can get through a 1/4 inch opening. I think that's a bit off, but answer yes to get the question correct. It's pretty difficult to completely eliminate intrusion. As already recommended, secondary measures are needed, traps, etc..

Reactions: GON
A vole got in to our garage a month ago. First rodent in 20+ years (no kidding). I've found 3 toads dried up, and a rabbit carcass in the bottom of a 5 gallon pail filled with waste oil!

I found out the vole was in there, by hearing a grinding, crunching noise. The vole had hold of a walnut, and was chewing on it! I shined a light on the vole, and watched it grind away for 10 minutes (it was behind equipment. My pellet missed, and the vole went into hiding.

I already had 4 sticky traps in the garage, and placed four saucers with antifreeze. No results in several days. I put a drop of peanut butter in the center of the sticky traps, and a day later, one of them had 'wandered' 12 feet. It was covered in fuzz.

Ended up getting four plastic snap traps, and had the vole in less than a day.

cat .jpg

Have 3 traps with peanut butter on them in the barn, along with those green chewing blocks that kills them. Traps work well, usually one every couple weeks.

Just show the mice a fake news video about orange can frams being "junk" and walmart brand oil being "bad" then put both in your garage and they'll stay away. They'll flock to the neighbors mobil oil and filter stash instead.

Back