Metric for when it's time to move on

Not sure what that will tell me?
I guess my question is, are you interested in buying it back? I gave the numbers for mine as a reference. If it’s the same, my buyback was 25% of the car’s value, then maybe you could buy the car back for $1,500 and slap a radiator in it.

Probably not worth it though.

I guess my question is, are you interested in buying it back? I gave the numbers for mine as a reference. If it’s the same, my buyback was 25% of the car’s value, then maybe you could buy the car back for $1,500 and slap a radiator in it.

Probably not worth it though.
I don’t think its worth it. Rad and condensor got crunched. The fenders on each side, measured from the leading edge of the hood, are both pushed out, like eighth inch on each side.

If I was desperate, yeah I could make it work. I’m not. Nor do I have any love for the car.

I think the wife would be happy if I sold my old Camry and just moved into something new. I know that doesn’t make sense but I’m almost back to normal driving now. I make sure to not drive her car, too nice for me!

Wrapped up today, waiting for final payment to hit the bank account. $5k minus $500 deductible. I think I did ok: $20k purchase, $4,500 "residual", maybe $1k in repairs (2 sets of brakes, 2 batteries, one HVAC blower) and whatever oil changes and tires cost me, for 237kmiles. Don't feel like entering in the numbers as to average mpg, probably only around 32 or so.

Nothing great but I didn't have higher expectations, it did what I expected and bought it for.

This one is funny. (The topic) Ask a former owner of a 1958 Corvette when he should not spend any more to fix his car he paid $1200. for in 1969, with an almost pristine body and paint. Or his old $100. 55 Chevy, or maybe his 68 Mustang.
Put it this way if what you have now is something designed and built better than all the over electronic'ed junk, now this is easy to figure out.
If you have to pay 5 times the value to fix it, believe me its worth it.

Back