Merrick Tools Cam Lock Sockets

These are the lug nut-mainly sockets with cammed sides built-in so they grab the sides of the nuts, even bulged (swollen) nuts so you don't have to pound a socket onto the nut. I guess they were a big hit at SEMA 2021.

I signed up for the "opportunity" to purchase a set (19, 21, 22mm) when they had stock. Well, yesterday I got an email, we have stock, order now before they're gone.

Holy Criminey, with shipping, a set of 3 sockets is 4 bills! 4 of my precious Franklins for 3 sockets!

Undoubtedly a lot of engineering went into these things, and it's a great idea, but this is an easy pass.

Articulated internals to fit the socket precisely to the mis-shapen nut is a fascinating idea.

But…oh…the price!

For $400, I can buy a lot of cheap impact sockets and pound them on…then replace the lug nuts.

Great sockets how do these cam lock sockets hold up to idiots with 1200ft/lb impact guns?
I could see a use for these at a tire shop locked up under lock and key.

I'll take the new(er) type that bow in on the flats and have the corners relieved.. for 30$ thanks.
They of course dont reference that type and act like everyone has 30 year old lugnut sockets.
If my lugnuts are that bad they are getting replaced anyway.

Even this 19$ set has it
image_2022-02-15_110614.png

Last edited:
HF will copy it soon, with an introductory price of $50. Then it'll be $150 with a $25 coupon and the "compare to....." wording.

Then it'll be badged as Icon for $450 -- I mean, if it costs more than the original, it must be better, RIGHT????

Great sockets how do these cam lock sockets hold up to idiots with 1200ft/lb impact guns?
I could see a use for these at a tire shop locked up under lock and key.

I'll take the new(er) type that bow in on the flats and have the corners relieved.. for 30$ thanks.
They of course dont reference that type and act like everyone has 30 year old lugnut sockets.
If my lugnuts are that bad they are getting replaced anyway.

Even this 19$ set has it
View attachment 89013
The Flank Drive. Expired Snap-On patent

Back