merchandise

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was looking at the pennzoil website earlier and noticed they have shirts and caps for sale on there,i was hoping they would be cheap since they are basically free advertising. turns out they want $15 for a t-shirt,i was alittle surprised. Am i the only one who thinks thats way to expensive for a shirt with a company name on it?

I think swag should be free since it is promotional. I wear my free Pennzoil Platinum hat constantly. I have a couple JD hats and a number of others.

Amsoil should try the free hat with X amount purchase. I have spent some coin with them.

If I wear any clothing with brand names on it at all, it's for IU. and these things cost a lot more money than they would without the brand. But I support my school so I have no problem.

And no, clothing with brand names on them is not really the best way to spend your ad dollars. For a new brand it may be useful to create awareness but for established brands it has no value. No one is going to buy a Pennzoil product just because they saw someone wearing a Pennzoil emblazoned hat.

I remember back in the 80's being disgusted about having to pay big dollars on a Coke shirt for my son.

Just as bad are designer name clothes. I loved the bit in Back to the Future where they were calling him Calvin Klein due to the name on his jeans.

I did pay something for the Grabrial Shocks jacket for my son, but much less than anything fron the store.

Yeah, free or not much more than the shipping.

Originally Posted By: TallPaul
Somehow a few years back I got Valvoline to send me a free hat with their logo on the front. Nice hat too.

I got one too about 2-3 years ago, I don't remember how I got it.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Originally Posted By: TallPaul
Somehow a few years back I got Valvoline to send me a free hat with their logo on the front. Nice hat too.

I got one too about 2-3 years ago, I don't remember how I got it.
Yeah, about that time frame, nice hat too. I was just jawing with the guy about oil and stuff, he even offered to send one to my brother as I had told him my brother uses nothing but Valvoline, and I stupidly declined knowing my brother never wears hats, but should have had it sent anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back