Men crying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My boss had four daughters; our department had seven men under him.

(talk about oddly worded posts.
laugh.gif
)

We were totally his "boys", too.

The girls turned out great, BTW. Boss is an old school, Archie Bunker type... but aren't they all?
wink.gif

I have two daughters and I would be lying if I said that deep down, part of me wanted a son.

All that changed when I saw the first ultrasound.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Originally Posted By: Popinski
He was crying on the phone, crying so hard! They just found out that the 4th baby is a girl....

Your friend is a sorry excuse for both a man and a father.

Very well and succinctly put.

Interesting thread. I have twin boys and a girl. One of my sons has a daughter and a son. I believe it is really great to have both sexes as children.

Originally Posted By: david_ES2
lol isn't there ways to make sure you have a boy nowadays?

Nope...but if you want to have a 90% chance of girls, be a fighter pilot. Statiscally true, but the cause isn't fully understood...

I am fully in the "be happy the baby is healthy" camp. Count your blessings. My children are all wonderful people and I am very proud of them...regardless of gender...

Last edited:
Crying is extreme, but I don't see the point in bashing him for wanting a son...

High female ratios in a house sucks bad and I'm very glad to have moved out of the parental unit's house for that reason.

I have a 14 month old daughter and a 7 year old (that thinks she is 12) step-daughter and I prayed every day for the baby to be a boy. I now understand the meaning of "daddy's girl" and she makes me very happy. However, until they can assure that the next one WILL be a boy, no more kids for us. Wife got an IUD and I'm considering the big snip. I'm outnumbered in the house now and surrounded by purple and pink everywhere. I am dreading when one is 17 and one is 11...

Seriously...don't dread it...enjoy it! (warning: proud dad here...don't read further if you don't want to hear how great my kids are...) My now 18 year old daughter is at Yale, planning on being a doctor. My 15 year old son is hot on her heels academically, musically, and athletically. My 11 year old daughter is a joy to be around - smart, confident, grounded...they're all great...and all of the ages have their own rewards...and challenges...
cheers3.gif

Thanks for the posts. I really feel bad for him. I think it's unfair to call him a "baby" or to "man up". I feel bad that many people on here are talking smack about him. He really really wanted a son. He's a really great guy, hard working and responsible.

I hope for the best for him. But geez, 4 girls? 4 proms? 4 boyfriends? I think I might buy him a shotgun for his birthday.

Last edited:
I wouldn't feel bad for him. 4 kids - all healthy? He is lucky...he should be grateful! The issue here is that his expectations did not align with the 'bigger plan' for him.

You know that old saw, "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference."

Your friend needs a bit of that wisdom to know the difference...this is a case where he had no control...

+ one on the shotgun- i plan on cleaning mine the first time my daughter brings a boy home- or take him hunting so he knows not to mess with us or else- ha

Originally Posted By: Pablo
A father has profound influence on how a daughter forms thoughts and opinions and choices about men.

This statement needs more love.

Being the father of three sons and one daughter, and an uncle to three neices, I can say this is very true. Hopefully the new father will accept his lot in life, see them as blessings, and not project his dissapointment.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit

Your friend is a sorry excuse for both a man and a father.

While that may be harsh..raising 4 kids will be a struggle..at best. He has bigger problems. Especially in the debt future for this country.

But yea..I was disappointed when my first was a girl. But seriously..this may be hard to believe. He has the power to mold the child to the extent that she can learn and enjoy "man-Stuff".like hunting, playing baseball, etc. And as mentioned..who knows; the son might not like hunting and baseball.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Originally Posted By: Popinski
Wow, just wow. I just got done talking to one of my friends in High School . He has 3 young daughters and 1 in his wife's womb. He was crying on the phone, crying so hard! They just found out that the 4th baby is a girl....

Talk about an negative emotional toll... I feel bad for the guy. His dreams of going hunting, playing sports and talking about men stuff is all gone.

Geez....taking care of 4 girls.. that's going to be tough. I pity him so much.

You and the guy need to man up. Wow - is this all you have to worry about? Seriously.

He was half the equation. Maybe more depending how you look at it. Regardless, he made the 4th kid not knowing the outcome and now he's disappointed? What a wimp, and you posting about it in such a way. Weird.

I have no sons. Only daughters. A father has profound influence on how a daughter forms thoughts and opinions and choices about men. There are tons of stuff to do with daughters. Shooting, fishing, hiking - and yes even coaching them on championship teams. Homework, late night talks, early morning wake ups for jazz band bass playing. It's time he wake up and smell reality. I'm sorry if I'm coming on strong, but this is what you should have told the guy.

I thought I wanted a son, but I got 2 girls. I wouldn't change it for anything. They are the best thing that ever happened to me, and like Pablo says, there are plenty of great things you can share with your girls. It's what you make of it.

I hope this guy enjoys what he has and doesn't miss out while wishing for something else. It's just a different kind of experience, not better or worse, just different.

Not only that, if he's that hung up on needing a boy, maybe fate/destiny or whatever he believes in is sending him a message that he needs more experience with the female. Maybe he'll be better off for it.

Pfft. Daughters are awesome! One of them is going to grow up and kick his arse if he keeps that attitude up- they WILL know it if he thinks they're inferior to a son. Dude needs to suck it up, get over it, and be a MAN for his daughters. Besides, there are TONS of little boys needing adoption or foster parenting out there, too.

Originally Posted By: Astro14
Seriously...don't dread it...enjoy it! (warning: proud dad here...don't read further if you don't want to hear how great my kids are...) My now 18 year old daughter is at Yale, planning on being a doctor. My 15 year old son is hot on her heels academically, musically, and athletically. My 11 year old daughter is a joy to be around - smart, confident, grounded...they're all great...and all of the ages have their own rewards...and challenges...
cheers3.gif

Sounds like you have some great kids Astro! Congrats.
cheers3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back