Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax vs. TW Ice Seal n Shine

One thing I did like about the HCW, was how easy it was to apply and take off. Probably only took me 35-40 minutes to do the whole car and it wasn’t tiring.

I’ll keep using it for a little bit to see if maybe I can build up layers/more protection.

I’ll have to give the Yellow Wax #26 a try though.
I agree with what I’ve read about carnauba wax that it does add visual depth to the paint, and I think the #26 is one of the best “off the shelf” carnauba wax blends.

One thing I did like about the HCW, was how easy it was to apply and take off. Probably only took me 35-40 minutes to do the whole car and it wasn’t tiring.

I’ll keep using it for a little bit to see if maybe I can build up layers/more protection.

I’ll have to give the Yellow Wax #26 a try though.
You would probably like their deep crystal wax also.

I agree with what I’ve read about carnauba wax that it does add visual depth to the paint, and I think the #26 is one of the best “off the shelf” carnauba wax blends.
I’ve got to say, it rained today and the HCW did bead up pretty well. So it’s holding up a little bit better than I initially posted. I’m a month in and technically it’s still “winter” where I am. It’s snowed twice since I’ve applied it, and that means road salt, salted highways, and cars throwing salt up on the hood when you’re driving on those highways. And it did bead up pretty good today.

We’re supposed to get about 3 days without rain starting today, so I’m probably going to put another coat of HCW liquid on the 4Runner.

It‘s so quick to do.

Does anyone know if the HCW contains carnauba?

09B77FAE-2612-4806-AE8C-25FF6E9CB00B.jpeg

DD69280B-6F57-4F40-B062-B326D87F6F63.jpeg

I used Meguiar’s M27 sealant on this Camry after performing a light polish with Rupes DA fine polish and MF pad. M27 is similar to the consumer Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax, but slightly upgraded. Beading, gloss and slickness are excellent. The second picture was taken after today’s rainstorm.

View attachment 55357
View attachment 55358
I used Meguiar’s M27 sealant on this Camry after performing a light polish with Rupes DA fine polish and MF pad. M27 is similar to the consumer Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax, but slightly upgraded. Beading, gloss and slickness are excellent. The second picture was taken after today’s rainstorm.
Car looks beautiful! Nice job!

View attachment 55357
View attachment 55358
Very nice, weird question...did you do the roof and windshield too? The beading looks the same on those surfaces as the paint. I know some products say it’s ok to use on glass, wasn’t sure if this was one of them.

Very nice, weird question...did you do the roof and windshield too? The beading looks the same on those surfaces as the paint. I know some products say it’s ok to use on glass, wasn’t sure if this was one of them.
I think I used M799 on the glass since the wiper blade inserts are shot.

It is generally a bad idea to use any waxes or sealants on glass since they tend to make wiper blades squeak (IME).

*I'm a TW Seal & Shine guy - but for grins I bought Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax (older blue liquid technology spray bottle - spray and rinse type) on sale : My method as a first time user was to wash and clay car first , rinse then apply the Meg's Hybrid Ceramic Wax to the wet car using a fresh wash mitt to get even coverage on the paint surface , rinse , then wipe dry using a micro fiber cloth . In the future I believe I will apply the same way to ensure even coverage on the paint . We'll see how well it performs - I will say that on the wife's SUV this is a faster over all procedure than using TW Seal & Shine , so I may stick with it just for her vehicle .

I tried the "old fashioned" mother's carnauba wax -cleaner in the tin on my Toyota Barcelona red paint, and wow.. It gave it a nice deep warm glow. I've used many products over the years with, mainly the ones mentioned here but I don't remember ever getting this deep warm glow before, there's something to be said old carnuba, though I don't expect it to last long.
Try collinite 915........that stuff is amazing.
Our red vehicles looked freshly painted.
Wild wax.

Well, update on the Maguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax liquid...

Amazingly it’s still beading after four months, 8,000 miles of driving, 10 car washes, two weeks of winter salt, a week of coastal ocean air vacation time and 10 weeks of a combination between blazing sun and torrential downpours.

Totally forgot the product was even on until it rained really hard last week and the paint was all beaded up...I‘ve never had a wax bead up that much after four months. I do garage my car, but it’s also been outside a ton in that time frame...and 8,000 miles of driving is something.

Pretty happy, mostly surprised. I think the product was only $17 bucks at Walmart. Just applied another treatment.

Well, update on the Maguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax liquid...

Amazingly it’s still beading after four months, 8,000 miles of driving, 10 car washes, two weeks of winter salt, a week of coastal ocean air vacation time and 10 weeks of a combination between blazing sun and torrential downpours.

Totally forgot the product was even on until it rained really hard last week and the paint was all beaded up...I‘ve never had a wax bead up that much after four months. I do garage my car, but it’s also been outside a ton in that time frame...and 8,000 miles of driving is something.

Pretty happy, mostly surprised. I think the product was only $17 bucks at Walmart. Just applied another treatment.
I used it a few months ago on the wife’s 4Runner, but it’s hard to gauge durability because I’m using Griot’s Garage Ceramic Speed Shine as a drying aid after every wash, and, since I’m washing, usually, every week, I think the CSS doesn’t really deteriorate, and the beading and sheeting action is superb.

I used it a few months ago on the wife’s 4Runner, but it’s hard to gauge durability because I’m using Griot’s Garage Ceramic Speed Shine as a drying aid after every wash, and, since I’m washing, usually, every week, I think the CSS doesn’t really deteriorate, and the beading and sheeting action is superb.
How long do you think you can keep the beading going before applying another coat of the Maguiars? Be curious if you could stretch that combo formula out to 5-6 months.

How long do you think you can keep the beading going before applying another coat of the Maguiars? Be curious if you could stretch that combo formula out to 5-6 months.
Good question! I’m curious, myself.

It‘s been almost 4 months (around April 17) since I applied the Meguiar’s Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax.

I went back and looked at the video I took of spraying water on the 4Runner about a week after applying that HCLW, and there’s no doubt that the water beading and sheeting now, after several uses of the Griot‘s Garage Ceramic Speed Shine, is superior to just the Meguiar’s HCLW alone.

Next time I wash the 4Runner (likely later next week), I think I’ll take a video to show the difference.

Here’s the thread I made with video back in late April:

Thread 'Decided to Try Meguiar’s Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax'
https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/decided-to-try-meguiars-hybrid-ceramic-liquid-wax.340539/

I thought I can live with spray sealants forever. Some are decent, but after i tried real coating, they look kinda weak.
Ceramic coatings aren’t for everyone.

Personally, I’m not paying someone big bucks to apply a coating.

I don’t need the durability. I enjoy washing our vehicles weekly, and I like using the off-the-shelf waxes and sealants, which, frankly, provide great shine and protection and durability (especially those that contain SiO2), compared with what was available even several years ago.

One day I may try DIY’ing a ceramic coating.

Personally, I’m not paying someone big bucks to apply a coating.
Me neither. There are plenty of non pro grade coatings. I just looked hydro2 vs cquartz lite. Resistance pH 6-7 vs 3-13 which is same as pro coating. According to pH stripes, touchless washboxes use 10 pH foam.:oops:
but at least it does clean well.
I'm going to sell hydro2 to colleague.

Me neither. There are plenty of non pro grade coatings. I just looked hydro2 vs cquartz lite. Resistance pH 6-7 vs 3-13 which is same as pro coating. According to pH stripes, touchless washboxes use 10 pH foam.:oops:
but at least it does clean well.
I'm going to sell hydro2 to colleague.
Hydro2 is good over a coating

It seems like most companies/brands have some good/average/not so good products.
Yeah definitely, and initially I thought the Maguiars hybrid ceramic wax wasn’t very good, because after a few weeks it didn’t look anything spectacular (in terms of bearing), but here I am/was four months later and it still was bearing up like it did after two weeks. That impressed me. I’m just looking for something that will last me a good 3-4 months at a reasonable price. Something I can get at a store off the shelf when I happen to walk through the automotive section. Meguiars seems to be working, however the thing with all these new products...they’re here one day and gone the next. Another product I love from them is their interior detailer. It’s clean, quick, steel free and I can spray it on anything. But I’m not brand loyal/Maguiars lover. I’ll buy anything.

Back