Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax vs. TW Ice Seal n Shine

All of the above are what I would consider spray sealants. There may be some SiO2 but nothing ground breaking.

The Meguiar's product above, something like Can Coat, or Adam's Spray Ceramic Coating should provide close to a year of protection.

True coatings like IGL Kenzo or Cquartz UK 3.0 will provides multiple years of protection and require mechanical removal.

Views on these kinds of products totally depends on your goals. If I had a hangar queen show car that only gets out on sunny days, I might go to the trouble and expense of something much more expensive. But then again, I probably would not, as I find applying coatings to be a fun way to mess with my vehicles. So I don't really want one that lasts 3 years. I certainly won't pay for one. I like shining up my vehicles, and these products let me take a nice day and wash my car and detail it in a way that doesn't take six hours or $300, but still provides excellent protection. That said, while my machines get a coat at least every 4 months, my son's Grand Cherokee got a coat of Seal N Shine and it easily beaded for six months. I find that to be impressive for a $9 product that goes on in 10 minutes.

The car looks just as shiny and beads water just as well today as back in November. Seal and Shine is no joke.

An update: The SnS / Ice Spray Wax combo is finally showing some weakness. After today's tunnel wash, I'm starting to see localized sheeting in some areas. Not bad after 4 to 5 tunnel washes a week for 5 months straight. Close to or over 100 washes.

Next up is the 75th Anniversary Graphene/Ceramic paste.

I just put the Graphene Paste Wax on about 3 weeks ago. The shine was great and the beading at least feels even better than S&S but that may be just in my head. Either way, 5 months and 100 washes will be tough for even that paste wax to beat. But TW says it is more durable. We'll see with yours. I won't go that long without doing it again. However, the lower doors on my Jeep, where my wheels splash, is where any of them fail first, so I'll be keeping an eye on that.

I tried the "old fashioned" mother's carnauba wax -cleaner in the tin on my Toyota Barcelona red paint, and wow.. It gave it a nice deep warm glow. I've used many products over the years with, mainly the ones mentioned here but I don't remember ever getting this deep warm glow before, there's something to be said old carnuba, though I don't expect it to last long.

I tried the "old fashioned" mother's carnauba wax -cleaner in the tin on my Toyota Barcelona red paint, and wow.. It gave it a nice deep warm glow. I've used many products over the years with, mainly the ones mentioned here but I don't remember ever getting this deep warm glow before, there's something to be said old carnuba, though I don't expect it to last long.
This old man is a carnauba junkie for that appearance!

Reactions: Kql
This old man is a carnauba junkie for that appearance!
Shows what I knew, I was under the impression that there newer synthetic/sealants were superior in the shine department, heck even my wife noticed the glowing paint and asked what I did to it🤪 I might just stick with good old fashioned carnuba.

The newer sealants provide a higher gloss than carnauba wax but carnauba gives a better depth appearance. The newer products also give better durability and resistance to dirt.

I recently purchased Finish Kare Hi Temp 101 and waxed my Fusion. Based on my age, how much I used and the size of the container I have a lifetime supply 😎😎....

I’ll have to give the seal and shine a try...can’t beat the price.

I am currently using Meguiars Hybrid ceramic wax liquid. It smells good, goes on easy, but it just doesn’t hold up. I don’t think I barely got a month worth of protection out of it...which made me wonder...maybe I should just stick to carnuba? But the seal and shine sounds good and I’m looking for something easy to apply.

I’ll have to give the seal and shine a try...can’t beat the price.

I am currently using Meguiars Hybrid ceramic wax liquid. It smells good, goes on easy, but it just doesn’t hold up. I don’t think I barely got a month worth of protection out of it...which made me wonder...maybe I should just stick to carnuba? But the seal and shine sounds good and I’m looking for something easy to apply.
Just bought some of that and applied it for the first time to the wife’s 4Runner.

Before that was Meguiar’s HiTech Yellow Wax #26, from their “Professional Line”.

The #26 is an old favorite - I’ve been using it for years (mostly that and the NextGen).

The #26 is great stuff, but just doesnt last very long. One good rain storm and a wash, and it’s pretty much gone.

Will be interesting to see how long this HCW liquid lasts. I did not do any prep, however. So, I do wonder if the fact that I didn’t ISO the paint first will affect the adherence of the HCW (I’ve used #26, Meguiar’s Ultimate Wash/Wax, and Turtle Wax “Wax As You Dry” on the 4Runner so far).

Just bought some of that and applied it for the first time to the wife’s 4Runner.

Before that was Meguiar’s HiTech Yellow Wax #26, from their “Professional Line”.

The #26 is an old favorite - I’ve been using it for years (mostly that and the NextGen).

The #26 is great stuff, but just doesnt last very long. One good rain storm and a wash, and it’s pretty much gone.

Will be interesting to see how long this HCW liquid lasts. I did not do any prep, however. So, I do wonder if the fact that I didn’t ISO the paint first will affect the adherence of the HCW (I’ve used #26, Meguiar’s Ultimate Wash/Wax, and Turtle Wax “Wax As You Dry” on the 4Runner so far).

One thing I did like about the HCW, was how easy it was to apply and take off. Probably only took me 35-40 minutes to do the whole car and it wasn’t tiring.

I’ll keep using it for a little bit to see if maybe I can build up layers/more protection.

I’ll have to give the Yellow Wax #26 a try though.

Back