Meguiars Convertible top cleaner

Used some today and it did a great job on my black canvas top. Chemical Guys recommend using a horse hair brush so I bought one for convertible tops. It left hairs all over the top so I don’t recommend using one. Any soft brush will do.

I've had good luck with the Sunbrella brand on my canvas top. I get the "kit" that includes cleaner and protectant.
Same for the brushes; any soft one will do.

After it dried I coated it with Star Brite water proofing. I used a brush around the edges and then sprayed the center areas. It still got all over the windows and is very hard to get off. After drying, the top looks really good. Don't know how long the waterproofing will last. We'll see.

I use it on my Jeep top, and it turns it from a brown tinted black to a nice matte black color. It’s a good product.

Used some today and it did a great job on my black canvas top. Chemical Guys recommend using a horse hair brush so I bought one for convertible tops. It left hairs all over the top so I don’t recommend using one. Any soft brush will do.
I have horse hair brushes for hats and convertible tops. My brushes don't suffer from alopecia. :oops: Horse hair brushes are best because they have some stiffness without being abrasive. Try a better-quality brush.

Back