Meg's Ultimate liquid wax; good stuff or??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Between that 9 months, the car was hosed down *once* ! It is amazing stuff if you can get your hands on it. I have heard that it is only discontinued in US and still available abroad, including Canada.

Now it is certainly possible that M16 and Collinite are very similar in terms of its ability to stick around but I have no personal experience with Collinite.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
You missed the bonanza that happened couple years ago; I only picked up couple of cans but some people went crazy as the price was insanely cheap. It even survives New England winter. A single can will last you a lifetime. Even after doing two cars and a minivan, the can is barely used.

I hope you can see the pictures
https://picasaweb.google.com/117978808290111570308/OdysseyWaxing#5483577923760188754

M16 waxed on 09/2009; still beads water as of 06/2010

0616001810.jpg

Nicely Hydrophobic!

I have tried many, if not all of Meg's finishing products and I don't have to compare them to anything to know I don't like them. NONE of them last very long, and few of them look good. Heck, one of them I used looked like I was smearing cooking oil on the paint (I think it was the NXT). I like their polishes, such as Ultimate Compound and Scratch-X, but their finishing waxes suck. I would take ANY Collinite, Duragloss, or Zaino finishing wax over any of that of the Meg's stuff.

Originally Posted By: Bgallagher
Really? Even against Meg16?

M16 was amazing wax but they haven't made it in years and it isnt terribly easy to get a hold of what is left in the market.

Was this in a reddish colored tin, or was it a yellow-gold can like the #26??

What color was the product itself, and was it priced like the 26???

Originally Posted By: grampi
I have tried many, if not all of Meg's finishing products and I don't have to compare them to anything to know I don't like them. NONE of them last very long, and few of them look good. Heck, one of them I used looked like I was smearing cooking oil on the paint (I think it was the NXT). I like their polishes, such as Ultimate Compound and Scratch-X, but their finishing waxes suck. I would take ANY Collinite, Duragloss, or Zaino finishing wax over any of that of the Meg's stuff.

Still holding a grudge eh grampi!
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Malo83

Still holding a grudge eh grampi!
crackmeup2.gif

Nope, just stating facts....

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Originally Posted By: Bgallagher
Really? Even against Meg16?

M16 was amazing wax but they haven't made it in years and it isnt terribly easy to get a hold of what is left in the market.

Was this in a reddish colored tin, or was it a yellow-gold can like the #26??

What color was the product itself, and was it priced like the 26???

Not sure about the price but it was a blue and black tin. Part of their mirror glaze series.

I do agree that none of their latest products (NXT, Ultimate) last. They may be easy to use, but you give up durability. The old school Meguires like #26 are still, to this day, better than these new gimmick waxes they are selling. Me, personally, I use Griots Garage and am very happy.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy

I do agree that none of their latest products (NXT, Ultimate) last. They may be easy to use, but you give up durability. The old school Meguires like #26 are still, to this day, better than these new gimmick waxes they are selling. Me, personally, I use Griots Garage and am very happy.

I'd like to see how long Rejex holds up compared to some of the other long lasting waxes/polishes/sealants.

10e9260a.jpg

Inside contents are light blue paste. It is not as hard as some of the other old time waxes.

Unfortunately, currently even google does not have a single link under shopping for that wax. I thought you could find it outside US but google is telling me otherwise.

- Vikas

10e9260a.jpg

Inside contents are light blue paste. It is not as hard as some of the other old time waxes.

Unfortunately, currently even google does not have a single link under shopping for that wax. I thought you could find it outside US but google is telling me otherwise.

- Vikas

OK, THANKS, now I remember it!!
But I always thought/was told that the #26 was a better/more durable product than that stuff, probably why I never even thought to try it.
frown.gif
mad.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back