Media Gallery add-on

wwillson

Staff member
All,

We've added a Media Gallery for everyone to use. The idea is that you will have a central place to keep track of all the pictures you've uploaded. There is now a "Gallery embed" button is the editor that looks like a camera. You can click the camera and select a picture from your gallery to embed into a post.

Be patient with us as we learn the nuances of the media gallery.

It's always good to use image software with which you can compress the size of the image before posting on here or for use on the web in general without sacrificing quality. This reduces demand for storage and also helps with faster rendering.
In addition you can use the grayscale feature which reduces size of the image even more when color doesn't add anything to what you wanted to convey.
And as Mr. Willson mentioned, always save as .jpg or even better as progressive .jpg.

Last edited:
It's always good to use image software with which you can compress the size of the image before posting on here or for use on the web in general without sacrificing quality. This reduces demand for storage and also helps with faster rendering.
In addition you can use the grayscale feature which reduces size of the image even more when color doesn't add anything to what you wanted to convey.
And as Mr. Willson mentioned, always save as .jpg or even better as progressive .jpg.
If I could 'like' this post 10 times I would!

If I could 'like' this post 10 times I would!
;)
If I may add.
It's also good habit to remove properties and personal information form image in VI Properties when shared on the web or with others.

Back