Mechanic won’t use the oil I’ve chosen *update*

Update: the "mechanic" that we fired last April has been the gift that keeps on giving.
We keep finding electrical splices after electric splices, 5 butt connectors in 2 feet of wire.
As those issues come up we work through them and fix them correctly.
As for the motor oil I have chosen, it's working great in both the gasoline and diesel engines with 10,000 mile oil changes.
Glad to hear things are getting better. May I ask what 15w40 you are using? I Thank You

Very good. We use their oils at my work

I use their motor oil and universal 50/50 engine coolant.
Transmission fluid and gear oil through them is to expensive, so I buy those things elsewhere.
I buy Valvoline Multi Vehicle Full Synthetic ATF by the 5 gal bag-in-box and gear oil by the 5 gal pale, Citgo semi synthetic from Blain's Farm and Fleet.
The ATF is rated for GM, Ford and Allison transmissions and is also what is used in the power steering on my fleet.

I use their motor oil and universal 50/50 engine coolant.
Transmission fluid and gear oil through them is to expensive, so I buy those things elsewhere.
I buy Valvoline Multi Vehicle Full Synthetic ATF by the 5 gal bag-in-box and gear oil by the 5 gal pale, Citgo semi synthetic from Blain's Farm and Fleet.
The ATF is rated for GM, Ford and Allison transmissions and is also what is used in the power steering on my fleet.
What brand of oil filters are you using? Thank You

Just out of curiosity, what kind of units are you running and what kinds of upfits do you need before putting them into service? My apologies if you covered this already in the other thread.

A new Transit 250 for us, plus upfits and tools would run around $70K right now.
You guys are getting raped by the dealer for those transits. My boss just bought a Ford E-series with the 7.3 Godzilla and the KUV body for 65k. 200 miles on the dash. No way should you pay that much for a transit

You guys are getting raped by the dealer for those transits. My boss just bought a Ford E-series with the 7.3 Godzilla and the KUV body for 65k. 200 miles on the dash. No way should you pay that much for a transit
What did your boss pay for the upfit and tools?

Otherwise, you’re comparing apples to oranges, and your criticism is unfounded.

I have 2 Transits. One is AWD 250HD, one is 350HD with dual's.
Everything is is either a MT-55 with a diesel, a F-59 or a E-450.
I have 3 Chevy Express 4500's.
My F-59's have the 6.8 V10 and the 7.3 Godzilla.
My GM's, one has the 6.0, the other 2 the 6.6.
All of my E-Series have the Godzilla engine.

If you look at my oil sample reports you will see the results for the 7.3, same unit both samples. 50k apart.

Are you trying to compare an E-Series to a mid-roof Transit? Considering the base MSRP of the E-Series is about 16K lower than the transits we use, I don't think there's a valid comparison here. What you're probably not realizing is our upfits and tools that we use are very high end and trade specific. Sub 10K for tools? I wish... One of our main tools we use costs $6.5K alone. Shelving and ladder rack is $3K plus installation. I'm also talking about expanding a fleet, not replacing a vehicle one-for-one.

You should probably get more information before judging something. Not every company that uses a van is just throwing some home depot "prosumer" tools in there with a Weather Guard shelf and 3-post ladder rack.

That being said, my most recent purchase, due to be delivered some time in May-July, ran us 1% under MSRP. That one is getting a wrap on it too. So all-in (including upfit, tools, and wrap) we are looking at around $64K.

Back